Church Carry: What is a "Church"? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Church Carry: What is a "Church"?

In Maine its the law that all men must bring there "shotguns" to church every Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    In Maine its the law that all men must bring there "shotguns" to church every Sunday.
    to shoot the snakes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    SC also prohibits carry in any "
    (10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor’s office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer."

Has SC experienced a lot of gun fights in churches and hospitals?
    all places of pain and suffering...wouldn't put it past anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    SC also prohibits carry in any "
    (10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor’s office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer."

Has SC experienced a lot of gun fights in churches and hospitals?
    I open carried with my badge on by my holster to a Spartanburg hospital ER when I was an off duty police officer. They told me they would not see my daughter until I put my firearm in my vehicle and I was legally allowed to carry it in there!

Live near the SC border and work there often. Last year the legislators voted on open carry and it failed. Hope they change their mind next time. Only imput from the voters can do that. Poly ticks only fear is not being elected again so let them know where your interests lie.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    to shoot the snakes, right?
    The law really states in-case Indians attack, but sure, lets go with snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    The law really states in-case Indians attack, but sure, lets go with snakes.
    lol...i think the snake scenario would have a better chance of actually happening nowadays. just goes to show how outdated laws on the books can be at times.

The big problem I have, is these restrictions put us at risk in the to/from situation. I can't carry inside means I can't carry from my car. A parking lot is probably the most risky location not to be armed. This is likely when you'll be approached. If any facility wants to restrict carry onto their premises, it should require they provide locked storage areas when I can secure the gun in their building.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123