Denied purchase in Rock Hill SC - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied purchase in Rock Hill SC

Thanks. I have a couple of friends with the Sheriffs Department I could ask for help. But I really don't want to play that card unless it's the last one. 4 - 6 months sounds like an awful long time to render a decision. It took them 10 minutes to deny but 4 - 6 months to decide. I hope you are wrong, even for a government decision. I went to NCIS web site to request reason for denial and was asked if I wanted to submit fingerprints. In this case it doesn't seem necessary since my name is uncommon. I think I'll try the number you posted, can't hurt and thanks again.

Thanks. What is a "straw sale"?

4. Straw purchase is an illegal act in which a qualified person ( person with no criminal record) goes thru the necessary background check and obtains a firearm and exchanges it with a person who would not be able to obtain a firearm legally on his own account due to criminal history

5. If you have a Concealed Handgun License already it's either a glitch in the system I would think, a typo during the application trasmittal maybe or dare I say Obamaification! just sayin...

If he had a concealed weapons permit already, he would not have had to go through the NICS background check. Staight paperwork and that's it.

KK

Sometimes people with no issues at all get denied by NICS. It happens if they have a busy day with lots of checks being run or if something happened elsewhere that's completely unrelated. Have you looked into ut further or tried again?

Yesterday was a busy day for sure. I don't think I can try again but I am following the appeal instructions and have made my first contact online to NCIS. Does anyone know what the NCIS criteria is? If you appeal a 47 year stolen car conviction is this held against me forever ie., "a criminal is still a criminal" does not matter that in all that time you have not had another conviction as far as NCIS is concerned whether you robbed a bank or stole a car you are a criminal and not able to purchase a handgun or is there a human factor that says - hey it's been 47 years and he's been a good citizen, let him buy a pistol? How do they decide?

I don't think you're gonna get any answer here except those that will give you hope and those that will make you cry.

This is not the place to get a good answer and one person's story may not correlate with another's.

The best info you can get is from a lawyer who has experience with this type issue.

Wait till you can talk to someone the first of the week and take anything you may hear here with a grain of salt, that is of course unless you hear from NavyLCDR, then your golden. He's an expert on EVERYTHING! :):)

KK

I would first check to make sure your SSN and name was correctly put into the NICS. Then like others say ask for the exact reason for the denial and go from there
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    I don't think you're gonna get any answer here except those that will give you hope and those that will make you cry.

This is not the place to get a good answer and one person's story may not correlate with another's.

The best info you can get is from a lawyer who has experience with this type issue.

Wait till you can talk to someone the first of the week and take anything you may hear here with a grain of salt, that is of course unless you hear from NavyLCDR, then your golden. He's an expert on EVERYTHING! :):)

KK
    Thanks for your help. I believe you are right on all counts, I wound up here when I did a google search as this topic had been discussed in the past. Right now I am willing to listen to all opinions and advice . I hope I am smart enough to navigate through the good and not so good. Wish me luck.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast