Denied purchase in Rock Hill SC - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Denied purchase in Rock Hill SC

KK, I am thinking in similar terms as there should be some way for the OP to have someone else purchase the gun and get his money back without having to send it back to the seller. As you say if someone becomes ineligible to own guns surely there is some way for him to transfer them without destroying them or having the police confiscate them for their personal collection. In fact a friend of mine who owns quite a few guns, some I would like to purchase from him, was arrested yesterday and I doubt that he will ever be able to own a gun again. (Very sad and weird story that has shocked everyone) I know about a straw purchase but I would think that a friend of the OP could pick the gun up and either hold it for him until he gets the mess straightened out or give him the money he has invested in it.

Why I suggested swapping the money in front of the FFL was to demonstrate that the friend was not just picking up the gun for the OP but actually paying for it.

Thanks to everyone for your help. At this juncture I have accepted the fact there is no quick and easy fix. I did receive the reason for denial from the FBI and as I suspected I was denied because I was convicted of GTA 47 years ago. I have filed my appeal and sent a set of fingerprints along with a copy of my Pardon to NICS. Meanwhile the Gun dealer is working with me and holding the weapon for me until this is resolved. To be continued:

Good luck Ron.

See you at the Gun Show in Greenville weekend after next?

KK

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I am no legal expert either but from what you have said I believe that a proverbial red flag in the system applied an automatic "gotcha" and caused the denial. Follow whatever appeal process that is available and I think that you will eventually be allowed to get that weapon. Good luck!

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    At this point there is nothing more you can do other than be really patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gensemer View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your help. At this juncture I have accepted the fact there is no quick and easy fix. I did receive the reason for denial from the FBI and as I suspected I was denied because I was convicted of GTA 47 years ago. I have filed my appeal and sent a set of fingerprints along with a copy of my Pardon to NICS. Meanwhile the Gun dealer is working with me and holding the weapon for me until this is resolved. To be continued:

Ron, I applaud you for taking the tough route and trying to get this straightened out the legal way. Let us know any developments our if there is anything we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter:246507
    I don't think you're gonna get any answer here except those that will give you hope and those that will make you cry.

This is not the place to get a good answer and one person's story may not correlate with another's.

The best info you can get is from a lawyer who has experience with this type issue.

Wait till you can talk to someone the first of the week and take anything you may hear here with a grain of salt, that is of course unless you hear from NavyLCDR, then your golden. He's an expert on EVERYTHING! :):)

KK
    I agree. The best thing to do is wait and see and go from there. As tough as it is!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456