Gun in car w/ SC CWP - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun in car w/ SC CWP

Here is another question, does a jacket or leather vest that includes a holster pocket qualify as a closed container? If I carry in a jacket holster pocket and then take the jacket off and place it on the passenger seat of my car, is this legal?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Here is another question, does a jacket or leather vest that includes a holster pocket qualify as a closed container? If I carry in a jacket holster pocket and then take the jacket off and place it on the passenger seat of my car, is this legal?
    "...or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle."

You might be able to argue that your vest is a closed container, but that closed container must be in the trunk.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    "...or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle."

You might be able to argue that your vest is a closed container, but that closed container must be in the trunk.
    The ckosed container in the luggage comprtment is to cover vehicles that do not have a trunk such as SUV's. The luggage compartment is the area behind the rearmost seat. If in your trunk then no container is required but if you don't have a trunk then some kind of gun case is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The closed container in the luggage compartment is to cover vehicles that do not have a trunk such as SUV's. The luggage compartment is the area behind the rearmost seat. If in your trunk then no container is required but if you don't have a trunk then some kind of gun case is needed.
    Very well. None the less, the concealed carry vest on the passenger seat would not qualify.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Car carry is another area where the People's Republic of South Carolina is over restrictive IMHO.

Car carry is another area where the People's Republic of South Carolina is over restrictive IMHO.
    At least we don't have to carry our guns unloaded, away from reach and ammo in a separate area.

US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > 926A. .... , during such transportation transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

If we can ever pass open carry, then concealed car carry wouldn't be an issue.

Angry

G50AE just because we're the most back assward State in the Union with archaic laws and rampant corruption within the Legislature. I fail to understand your constant reference to the Peoples Republic of SC. Whilst I agree we should be named Plantation of SC, the Master being the budget & control board. I don't believe the State has gone to a full commune. In a commune, all must work. NOT IN THIS State!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    G50AE just because we're the most back assward State in the Union with archaic laws and rampant corruption within the Legislature. I fail to understand your constant reference to the Peoples Republic of SC.
    You should have used a comma after Legislature, not a period.

Yep, been to dem publick skolls and it shodn't be helled gisnt me. U nowed how it is in souf kackalacky. Mo beter we be lyke dis dem to be mo edmakated. Aks dem ones up in da Kolumbia, da nowed it tooo. Ben gon on fer years and no one do anytang bout it.

The law mentions "or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener". What does it mean by an "integral fastener"?

#2- Under the seat; door pockets; between the seat & console are NO-NO's. from: tcox4freedom

Also, so is it saying that the weapon can not be in a glove box or center console? If it can be in that area does the console/box need to be locked with a key?
    =====>Respectfully<=====

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast