New to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum

1. New to Forum

Just thought i would say hi. I am located in SC and have been reading the threads for a while now and have just decided to go ahead and join. I have taken the CWP class and anxiously checking the mail daily. SLED has had my packet for 57 days now and I am hoping it will come Friday or Saturday so we will see. I have a Colt deffender plus that I shoot for the class. However I am thinking of buying a Glock 27 for carry beause of the shorter grips. well I look forward to learning a great deal from the rest of you.

Welcome from another sandlapper. One thing to consider about the Glock 27 is that it does have shorter grips but I believe that the grip is much thicker. Lots of people find that the thickness of the grip is the major problem in trying to conceal so be aware of that before going out and buying one.

Not to make you lose any hope, but I'm on day 69 or 71 depending whether you use the day SLED received the packet, or the check cleared. So might be a little more wait, but you never know. Anyone gotten a permit pretty recently that can tell how long theirs took?

Welcome from Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Welcome from the Upstate ewarrier2. It seems like every state has a large backlog on permits. So many are now getting theirs and its making the system very slow.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Mine took exactly 60 days mailbox to mailbox. but that was a couple of years ago. The standard from everyone I hear is expect tthe full 90 days and anything less is a bonus. Ny NH was supposed to take 2 weeks and took 7 weeks

Hello, and Welcome to the site, from you SC, neighbor on shore in MB.............
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Welcome

Welcome ewarrier2, glad to have you on board. Hopefully you will not have to wait much longer!

Welcome from Utah, glad to have you here!

Welcome from Oregon.
    Have you checked out the Glock 36? That is my CCW, it's very thin, and has a short grip. It fits great in my hands, nice and small, and .45acp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast