Nothing to do with guns...traffic question
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do with guns...traffic question

1. Nothing to do with guns...traffic question

I'm just curious of something concerning traffic enforcement, whether it be city, county, or highway patrol. Our city police here in Anderson HAUL ASS around town. Sometimes you'll catch a highway patrol or sheriff doing the same. For example this past Sunday I was running late for church. I get on Main Street and there's a city cop that goes flying by me. I keep a very good distance between us but maintain the same speed he is (I actually think he was slowly leaving me) and we were doing 65 in a 35, no lights or sirens. He stopped for every single red light. So to me, he could not justify going to a call or anything of any importance. So can they justifiably pull you over for speeding when you're following them in those circumstances?

Do as I say, not as I do.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, he can always say he was on the way to a call and decided you were a bigger risk to the public. Like Firefighterchen said, do as I say not as I do......

Some LEO's think they are above the law, and it I guess it they are because it is common most places that I have driven.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAce1 View Post
    Some LEO's think they are above the law, and it I guess it they are because it is common most places that I have driven.
    Would there not be a way to prove they weren't on their way to a call? Either way it ain't gonna stop me cause I just like to be an ass and prove a point. And to me if they turn around and pull me over they just proved that whatever "call" they were on their way to wasn't urgent enough for them to be speeding and being a risk to public safety.

A couple months ago we were sitting in a restaurant on 81 and all of the sudden we see a city cop going by the window spinning like a top. What had happened was he was trying to catch up to a chase that was already in progress and took a turn off another street too fast, lost control and started spinning down the street at about 60mph. To me I think they should get in big trouble over stuff like that.

"I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

8. Well...technically they do in terms of firearm carry laws. However I agree when it comes to most everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Well...technically they do in terms of firearm carry laws. However I agree when it comes to most everything else.
    Which part of the Constitution grants the police extra rights because they wear a government supplied costume? I haven't read it.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

10. Nothing to do with guns...traffic question

They can carry a firearm places we can't...such as schools and hospitals and gov't buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    They can carry a firearm places we can't...such as schools and hospitals and gov't buildings.
    It's not a right. Carrying in those places while wearing their taxpayer paid for costumes are privileges. They can't carry inside of a jail. And they can't carry on my property (or yours) without permission. Unless you can come up with that Constitutional citation to prove me wrong.
    You do realize that cops are our employees and we decide what they can and cannot do, don't you?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast