S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 11
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

1. Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I feel like we're watching the Titanic go down with some false hope that it will miraculously come back afloat again.

Actually, that's pretty funny.

I guess tomorrow will be make or break day for the bill.

If it moves on tomorrow, then the Senate has 2 days to send it on correct?
    I'm not sure a single government office has ever managed to do anything productive in 48 hours or less so I hope not too many people are holding their breath over that one.

It sure seems to be looking pretty good!! I'm trying to have a very positive attitude about it.

And today... time ran out. The clock keeps ticking though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    And today... time ran out. The clock keeps ticking though.
    Ticking? I'd say it's ran out. I mean do we really think the senate is anxiously waiting for it to arrive so they can vote on it?

I would like to thank Palmetto Gun Rights for helping to kill this bill. Their childish ways in demanding the bill be changed in the 4th hour has again killed this bill.

I encourage anyone who donates any money to the group pull back all funding. If they would have stopped their whining and allowed it to pass as was, we could have fought next year to make it better. However, this group would rather see it go down in flames than to allow the amendments the Senate placed on the bill....So "THANK YOU" NOW WE HAVE NOTHING...

Are you sure you are Pro-Gun - Pro- SC Citizen... I have my doubts?
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Hold up. I just got a tweet that S308 passed the house. Not confirmed as yet. I checked out when the time ran out in the uncontested calendar, but they may have circled back around.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL8ckW9CQAE4yqj.jpg:large

8. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    I would like to thank Palmetto Gun Rights for helping to kill this bill. Their childish ways in demanding the bill be changed in the 4th hour has again killed this bill.

I encourage anyone who donates any money to the group pull back all funding. If they would have stopped their whining and allowed it to pass as was, we could have fought next year to make it better. However, this group would rather see it go down in flames than to allow the amendments the Senate placed on the bill....So "THANK YOU" NOW WE HAVE NOTHING...

Are you sure you are Pro-Gun - Pro- SC Citizen... I have my doubts?
    Why is it that any time I call, no matter what time of day or what day of the week I get the "We're unable to answer the phone" thing?

Because I started thinking about all the restaurants we have in Anderson and I could count on one hand the ones that stay open past 11. So by taking that provision out you might have helped 5-10% of cases in most towns. And being a college student I take advantage of both worlds, drinking and just going out to eat. And yes there are those who don't drink but hang out at the bar either because they're out with friends who do drink or because they don't feel like waiting on a table. But for the most part those who drink go to the bar and those who don't drink don't go to the bar. So eliminating that provision might have helped another very low percentage of cases. So I'd like to ask them why they would rather have seen this die a 100% good bill over passing a 90% good bill.

9. Passed House 100-12.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    Passed House 100-12.
    So what are the odds the senate jumps right on it and votes between now and Thursday?

11. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So what are the odds the senate jumps right on it and votes between now and Thursday?
    Good question. I see it was amended yet AGAIN although it looks more language oriented then anything.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast