S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 12
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So what are the odds the senate jumps right on it and votes between now and Thursday?
    A lot better if people contact them.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Latest info on S 308. It was amended on Second Reading in the House. --> Blog

4. Doesn't look promising. I don't believe there is enough time.

I know i have written Palmetto Gun Rights to voice my displeasure at their work. I know their biggest issue is constitutional carry so first they tried to attach that bill after it failed on it's own. You can always make an argrument for NO RESTICTIONS it's your right BUT life doesn't work that way. There was not an uproar over the restriction about not drinking while carrying so exactly how many people go to eat after 12:00. The one or two people who either do or want to need not respond. As another poster said a bill that is 90% good beats no bill at all.

There is also the discussion that carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol is already OK. My short rant. On the SLED website there are a list of banned places to carry and nowhere are the alcohol issues. The law ending in 465 says, "There will be a penalty for ILLEAGALLY carrying a handgun into an establishment that serves alcohol. IF you have a CWP and the restriction is not on the SLED list you are not illeagal. Carrying without a CWP would fit. No need to fill the thread with disagreement it's been done before just my opinion.

So, the Rep. Hart that was causing the problems for S.308 yesterday......click the link. Shouldn't surprise anyone. Read the bio. Very likely a staunch disciple of Comrade Obama.

Is the 3rd reading scheduled for today (Wednesday, 6/5)? If so, what are the odds of the Senate voting on it before the end of the session?

8. The Senate has approved a measure calling legislators back to the Statehouse in two weeks for a special session.

Legislators would return June 18 for up to three days under the resolution approved 39-4 on Tuesday. Another vote sends it to the House.

By law, the regular session ends at 5 p.m. Thursday. But there is no budget for the fiscal year that starts July 1.

The measure would limit what legislators can work on during the special session. Items include the state budget and measures that have passed both chambers....

Read more here: COLUMBIA, S.C.: Bill would set SC's special legislative session | Politics | The State

9. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    Is the 3rd reading scheduled for today (Wednesday, 6/5)? If so, what are the odds of the Senate voting on it before the end of the session?
    Its on the calendar, supposed to be read early in the Session. However, I'm not sure the Senate will pass it in only one day.

Even though I have made my points about it (negative or otherwise) I do think it sucks for the Bill to get all the way thru the House only to have it die just as its getting to the Senate. Now, its still possible for the Bill to move on with only 1 day left in the calendar, but I see it unlikely given all the Amendments its tacked on since the Senate first saw it.

EDIT: Just saw the post above. That's great news!

10. 308 being debated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    308 being debated right now.
    is there a live feed for this one?

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast