S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 13
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    308 being debated right now.
    Must've ended quickly. They're giving out resolutions now.

3. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Do they have to so the whole 3 readings thing or do they just debate and then vote as to whether or not they want the changes?

4. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Do they have to so the whole 3 readings thing or do they just debate and then vote as to whether or not they want the changes?
    I have no idea, but it wasn't voted on. Honestly, I have never seen such a bunch of BS in my life. You have a bill being debated, and some dips^t suddenly veers off course and introduces the state soccer team champs, then someone else gets up and wants to wish a member of the House a Happy Birthday...on and on. Its no damn wonder nothing gets done in gov't.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    is there a live feed for this one?
    Yes...scstatehouse.gov, click on Chamber Video at top left of screen.

6. The only issue that popped up this time was the CWP fee being raised to 75 bucks. Several members of the House seem to think the Senate will have a problem with changing the fee. Or at least that's what I gathered in between birthday celebrations, nominations, a Greenhouse meeting in Chamber B, and 25 questions of the same nature from different House members.

7. So any idea if they'll be voting on it?

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    The only issue that popped up this time was the CWP fee being raised to 75 bucks. Several members of the House seem to think the Senate will have a problem with changing the fee. Or at least that's what I gathered in between birthday celebrations, nominations, a Greenhouse meeting in Chamber B, and 25 questions of the same nature from different House members.
    I also heard they added an increased fine ($1000), jail time (1yr) & CWP suspension of 5 years if you're caught in a posted business.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

9. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So any idea if they'll be voting on it?
    They are debating other bills on the calendar.

I can only assume they will circle back around to it similar to yesterday.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    They are debating other bills on the calendar.

I can only assume they will circle back around to it similar to yesterday.
    Does it have to get 3 readings before a vote?

Never seen such a cluster in all my life. Wasting my govt. money on happy birthdays & fruits in the Green Caucus room!

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast