S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 15
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

1. S308 passed 3rd reading....100-13.

3. So it's a done deal? On to the governor?

I understand that an amendment was added to raise the fees for licenses and up the incarceration time if caught in a posted NO CC business.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I understand that an amendment was added to raise the fees for licenses and up the incarceration time if caught in a posted NO CC business.
    Correct. And not good.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Correct. And not good.
    Ok so I'm confused...what's left to be done now? I stepped away for an hour or so and I have no clue what's going on...I didn't hear anything about these amendments.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Ok so I'm confused...what's left to be done now? I stepped away for an hour or so and I have no clue what's going on...I didn't hear anything about these amendments.
    Has to pass the Senate.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    No, I believe at the last minute they amended the Bill to a 200.00 fine, 3 month jail term if caught carrying in a no CC business. It was 1000.00 and 1 year.

9. Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    No, I believe at the last minute they amended the Bill to a 200.00 fine, 3 month jail term if caught carrying in a no CC business. It was 1000.00 and 1 year.
    Now does that mean that if caught you receive both, or up to that sentence/fine?

10. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Now does that mean that if caught you receive both, or up to that sentence/fine?
    I think its up to.

I may be mistaken on the time, but I believe the 200 bucks is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So it's a done deal? On to the governor?
    No. From post #40, this thread.

Then it goes back to the Senate. The Senate may agree with, or disagree with the change. I presume this will require a discussion and vote. (edit to add: it will indeed) If they accept the change, the bill moves forward. If they refuse the change, the House and Senate would need to appoint a commitee with a few members (3 from each I think) to negotiate an acceptable bill which would require another vote in each body. If they fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable bill, we get to wait until next year for another shot.

Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast