S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 16
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

1. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So it's a done deal? On to the governor?
    No. From post #40, this thread.

Then it goes back to the Senate. The Senate may agree with, or disagree with the change. I presume this will require a discussion and vote. (edit to add: it will indeed) If they accept the change, the bill moves forward. If they refuse the change, the House and Senate would need to appoint a commitee with a few members (3 from each I think) to negotiate an acceptable bill which would require another vote in each body. If they fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable bill, we get to wait until next year for another shot.
    How likely is it that the senate will vote on this? Not vote in agreement, just vote period. And what is the process? Do they just ask if they agree with the changes and then take roll?

3. I don't know, but it looks like the House reversed the fine and jail time for carrying illegally into an establishment back to what the Senate originally passed. Its now a 2 thousand dollar fine, and 2 years jail time or both.

At one time it was 3 thousand dollars, and 3 years jail time.

Someone must have objected to the 200 dollar fine and 3 months jail time amendment that was proposed.

Here is the best summary I can come up with right now for S 308 --> Blog

5. Good summary. My head is swirling (and my facts wrong) after watching these clowns go back and forth all day. Todays session had a little bit of everything going on, so if you missed it you certainly missed gov't at its finest. And I say that shaking my head, BTW.

Lets see what the Senate does tomorrow.

Anyone know what time the senate "broadcast" begins on the web?

The Senate meets at 10:00. I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

I have a suspicion that the motion will be to remove the rest of the Pitts nonsense from s308, or at least some of it. That would send the Bill back to the House.

8. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    The Senate meets at 10:00. I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

I have a suspicion that the motion will be to remove the rest of the Pitts nonsense from s308, or at least some of it. That would send the Bill back to the House.
    Who was it that suggested all the extra stuff? The reason I ask is because I just wonder if it was a ploy to keep stalling it till the end of today.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I just wonder if it was a ploy to keep stalling it till the end of today.
    I share your suspicion.

10. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    I share your suspicion.
    This reminds me of that movie Promised Land where they play both sides to guarantee their side wins.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    This reminds me of that movie Promised Land where they play both sides to guarantee their side wins.
    Well, at least so far the Senate seems to be much more organized and efficient going thru the Bills. Maybe we will get lucky.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast