S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 24
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

I think decorum, protocol, & parliamentary procedure prevent 'em from doing so.

3. And, FWIW...I am for doing anything now to see this carry Bill passed. I didn't care before, but now I'm just pissed that a Senator on our tax dollars can get up and take 3 hours of time and blab about statistics and "facts" that have zero weight in the real world. Yes, I realize this happens 24/7 in the Senate and House...but I really watched with interest yesterday and to be honest I'm shocked at the dumbasses elected to represent our fine State.

4. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    I think decorum, protocol, & parliamentary procedure prevent 'em from doing so.
    They have no problem asking them to yield the podium so another Senator can talk about f'n donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    We don't have a Ridgeland County
    Richland County. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I guess my question now is why didn't Martin or someone else challenge Scott when he was up their throwing out untruths? that's what's got me confused.
    That's how a filibuster works. Strom Thurmund attempted to block a bill in the US Senate by speaking for over 24 hours.

Senator Scott had the floor and had a pending amendment. There is no time limit on his speaking about his own amendment. Any Senator may request to interrupt for a question or motion. The Senator with the floor can say no if he chooses. In this case, he would welcome an interruption regardless of the question because it helps him waste time. Asking him anything helps him.

After the amendment he was speaking to is dispatched, I think he has two more lined up. He obviously likes the sound of his own voice, so I expect it to last a while in January. All they need to do is wait for him to finish blabbing.

However, when he said "this bill only prohibits someone from drinking in a restaurant. Nothing stops him from drinking at home, strapping on his gun, and going to a restaurant where he's going to shoot someone. " [paraphrased because his english is poor.

I really wish someone would have asked him, "how do you know they aren't doing that now?"

i though it was funny when the guy asked him if he felt scared pretty much anywhere around people with guns (ie dry cleaner, grocery store, etc) and if it was just in restaurants where he felt scared since they are already carrying everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Richland County. My bad.
    The State

And its THE most liberal print media in S.Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i though it was funny when the guy asked him if he felt scared pretty much anywhere around people with guns (ie dry cleaner, grocery store, etc) and if it was just in restaurants where he felt scared since they are already carrying everywhere else.
    Which senator asked him that?

Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    Which senator asked him that?
    dunno...some older, bald, chubby, white guy...not that it narrows it down TOO much.

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    That's how a filibuster works. Strom Thurmund attempted to block a bill in the US Senate by speaking for over 24 hours.

Senator Scott had the floor and had a pending amendment. There is no time limit on his speaking about his own amendment. Any Senator may request to interrupt for a question or motion. The Senator with the floor can say no if he chooses. In this case, he would welcome an interruption regardless of the question because it helps him waste time. Asking him anything helps him.

After the amendment he was speaking to is dispatched, I think he has two more lined up. He obviously likes the sound of his own voice, so I expect it to last a while in January. All they need to do is wait for him to finish blabbing.

However, when he said "this bill only prohibits someone from drinking in a restaurant. Nothing stops him from drinking at home, strapping on his gun, and going to a restaurant where he's going to shoot someone. " [paraphrased because his english is poor.

I really wish someone would have asked him, "how do you know they aren't doing that now?"
    Gotcha. thanks for the explanation.

What's really ridiculous is the fact he acts like he wants to ban carry in eating establishments period, and then acts like he's unaware that you can carry in eating places NOW. I have about 20 places I can carry legally in my town...IHOP, Taco Bell, Arbys, several mom and pop places with no alcohol licenses....so to say passing 308 affects him negatively is retarded. Then again, listening to him talk actually makes me feel LESS retarded.

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast