S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 25
Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I guess my question now is why didn't Martin or someone else challenge Scott when he was up their throwing out untruths? that's what's got me confused.
    That is exactly whe Scott wanted, someone to help him stall. His only objective was to keep the bill from being voted on until 5:00 when the session ended. It is sometimes very sad that under the Senate rules one Senator can keep a bill that the vast majority of the peple want from being passed because of his own personal desires. The only way to change this is to vote his out of office and that is unlikely so we will just have to let him run his mouth and waste valuable time in order to get this passed.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    That is exactly whe Scott wanted, someone to help him stall. His only objective was to keep the bill from being voted on until 5:00 when the session ended. It is sometimes very sad that under the Senate rules one Senator can keep a bill that the vast majority of the peple want from being passed because of his own personal desires. The only way to change this is to vote his out of office and that is unlikely so we will just have to let him run his mouth and waste valuable time in order to get this passed.
    this is why filibusters are ********. get enough votes to pass or deny, take the vote, and STFU. majority wins...plain and simple...or get it put onto a ballot for the people that actually give a ****.

4. We don't have the ability to recall do we ?

I told you what was going to happen...remember who you should thank????

Remember who helped kill this!
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    I told you what was going to happen...remember who you should thank????

Remember who helped kill this!
    Also remember that this bill is not dead but just delayed until January. There are many Rep. and Sen. that may have seemed to have hurt the bill but actually made many good changes to it. Many said get is passed with the curfew and change it later. It would have been a long time before it would have been changed if it had passed with the curfew. This way we may have to wait 7 month to get the proper bill passed but that is better than 7 years whis would have been the situation. Please do not alieniate those who are helping to get the proper bill passed rather then settling for a screwed up one by calling them all kinds of names and claiming that they are the enemy. Getting anything passed of major importance is a slow involved process and to make enemies of those trying to help because of something that we may not like does not help our case. The process is very slow and convoluted and there isn't much way to speed it up although we would love to at times.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Also remember that this bill is not dead but just delayed until January. There are many Rep. and Sen. that may have seemed to have hurt the bill but actually made many good changes to it. Many said get is passed with the curfew and change it later. It would have been a long time before it would have been changed if it had passed with the curfew. This way we may have to wait 7 month to get the proper bill passed but that is better than 7 years whis would have been the situation. Please do not alieniate those who are helping to get the proper bill passed rather then settling for a screwed up one by calling them all kinds of names and claiming that they are the enemy. Getting anything passed of major importance is a slow involved process and to make enemies of those trying to help because of something that we may not like does not help our case. The process is very slow and convoluted and there isn't much way to speed it up although we would love to at times.

Disagree...If these so-called Pro-Gun Groups stopped the harassment of our politicians and allowed this bill to pass we could have worked on it next year to improve it...Some people have no idea how to compromise....They are like children...It has to be all their way or not at all...Well they got what they wanted in the first place "NOT AT ALL"

If they revive this in Jan I will eat my words.....
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

There is no guarantee that the perfect bill (it's still not perfect) will make it back out of the Senate. Since it's not perfect now, we should make it so, even if it has to wait until 2015 or 2016, at least, that seems to be the logic.

Lets hope no one is a victim of this silliness in the next seven months.

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    There is no guarantee that the perfect bill (it's still not perfect) will make it back out of the Senate. Since it's not perfect now, we should make it so, even if it has to wait until 2015 or 2016, at least, that seems to be the logic.

Lets hope no one is a victim of this silliness in the next seven months.

If someone looses their life because of the wait...I wonder how the folks which fought so hard because the would not accept midnight restriction, can look the victims' family in the face and explain their actions.

It just amazes me how some folks have no clue how to compromise...Now I agree something we should not compromise but just to get this passed and then work to improve it would have been the wise chose...We are never going to get everything we want, but we have to start somewhere and be willing to work with others to get this bill passed...Jaming our opinion down other's throats is not the way to accomplish this...

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    If someone looses their life because of the wait...I wonder how the folks which fought so hard because the would not accept midnight restriction, can look the victims' family in the face and explain their actions.

It just amazes me how some folks have no clue how to compromise...Now I agree something we should not compromise but just to get this passed and then work to improve it would have been the wise chose...We are never going to get everything we want, but we have to start somewhere and be willing to work with others to get this bill passed...Jaming our opinion down other's throats is not the way to accomplish this...
    I don't blame the ones that tried to get the stupid taken out of it. The real problem makers are the ones that tried to add stupid, stalled it on purpose, and continually voted against it. Should we have compromised and agreed to requiring silver bullets be used (as one lawmaker tried to add)?

I hate that it didn't make it in this year too. And I'm not affiliated with any of these groups that you mentioned earlier. But I'm willing to wait another 6 months if it means getting it in correctly the first time. Your just as apt (maybe even more so) to be attacked after midnight as any other time. And the extra penalties could be a disaster for what might be an unintentional mistake.

This is unproductive. We need to stop discussing about what was, and focus on what it should be, come next session.

And BTW, constant "why don't you just compromise" on the part of firearm owners eroded our rights down to nothing in the first place.

S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13-541436_532384203480747_88543440_n.jpg
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    I don't blame the ones that tried to get the stupid taken out of it. The real problem makers are the ones that tried to add stupid, stalled it on purpose, and continually voted against it. Should we have compromised and agreed to requiring silver bullets be used (as one lawmaker tried to add)?

I hate that it didn't make it in this year too. And I'm not affiliated with any of these groups that you mentioned earlier. But I'm willing to wait another 6 months if it means getting it in correctly the first time. Your just as apt (maybe even more so) to be attacked after midnight as any other time. And the extra penalties could be a disaster for what might be an unintentional mistake.

This is unproductive. We need to stop discussing about what was, and focus on what it should be, come next session.

And BTW, constant "why don't you just compromise" on the part of firearm owners eroded our rights down to nothing in the first place.

S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13-541436_532384203480747_88543440_n.jpg
    The problem is, waiting another 6 months DOESN'T guarantee they'll get it right the first time. They'll use the same BS amendment stall tactics they used this time. Is there a senate rule im not aware of that says that if the other team's stall tactics make you have to wait till the next session then on your 2nd try they have to let you have it your way?

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast