S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 29
Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

1. Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Since we are doing so many "what ifs" I will resurrect my age old rant.

South Carolina like 48 other states follow English law. Meaning for something to be illegal it must be stated.

On the SLED website it lists places where you may not carry concealed. Restaurants selling alcohol for consumption is not on it. Therefore not illegal. Well then we get to the law ending in 465: An additional penalty will be given for illegally carrying a handgun in an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption.

Now for me the key words are illegally and additionally.. IMO they are not talking about CWP it is NOT under the SLED section on CWP. The law covers all crimes. Thus if an event takes place where a illegal handgun is used it is subject to punishment, of course. There will be an ADDITIONAL penalty if it happens in an establishment selling alcohol. A person with a CWP will NOT be carrying illegally since in the SLED section it does not make it illegal.

And no, I do not wish to be the test case. A few years ago Grassroots SC pulled their endeavor to get "restaurant carry" changed because they realized, so they said, that it was not really illegal. Then some moron asked the AG for his "opinion" and he said he interrupted it to mean no restaurant carry. It was an opinion NOT law made us go backward never the less.
    "In addition to the penalties provided for by Sections 16 11 330 and 16 23 460 and by Article 1 of Chapter 23 of Title 16, a person convicted of carrying a pistol or firearm into a business which sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

This says carrying, not illegally carrying, so to me it does apply to CWP and others.

3. With this about to be coming back up in about 2 1/2 months I wanted to start this back and start getting ready for what is to come. I'm new to this whole process as I've never really paid attention to legislative processes before. What is the first step for S308 whenever the senate comes back in session in January? Does it start all over again or does it kinda start back where it left off? What will be the process for this?

Be interesting to watch the clowns in action again...I'm sure there will be another side show!

Shame these idiots can't just acknowledge our rights!
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    With this about to be coming back up in about 2 1/2 months I wanted to start this back and start getting ready for what is to come. I'm new to this whole process as I've never really paid attention to legislative processes before. What is the first step for S308 whenever the senate comes back in session in January? Does it start all over again or does it kinda start back where it left off? What will be the process for this?
    S308 is still on the calendar, in the same spot it was before. Senator Scott still has the floor, with more proposed amendments (three I think), so we'll be treated to the rest of his silliness. I posted on June 6th with the options of what may happen next. Blog

7. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    So I forget...what's left to be done? Does the senate just have to approve the house's changes and that's that?

Checked it. All the links work.

Well, I just emailed my liberal senator. Probably pointless, but he has, at least, heard from me.....AGAIN.

Hope the so-called supports keep their mouths shut this time and let the damn thing pass.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

11. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Hope the so-called supports keep their mouths shut this time and let the damn thing pass.
    A - f$&#ing - MEN!!

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast