S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 34
Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

S308 Goes back to House with Amendments.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...back-to-house/

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    LEO's don't have to get a CWP...that's federal law. HR218 makes them exempt from all state firearm carry laws. I'm a reserve deputy in the upstate and we have been told we can carry into restaurants that serve alcohol so long as we don't drink. They don't want us drinking period, carrying or not, unless we're in a different county.
    You are correct HR-218 take president over any state law. Some of the states have attempted to press their own law onto retired officers and make they possess a state CWP, but they lost in court. While the states says I can't carry in a restaurant, Federal law says I can. I really wish these guys would stop the crap and allow its citizens the right to protect themselves. When I was active duty, I always supported a citizens right to carry....I would go so far as saying you shouldn't need a permit and could open carry if that is your desire.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Funny how 3 previous "nays" were absent for vote this time. Maybe seeing Colorado's recall made them ill?
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

In reading the amendment as adopted, it appears to not mention anything about active duty or retired cops. I wish they archived the video's so I could see if I misunderstood what they said, or they changed it.

6. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

"Packing heat where drinks are served could soon be legal in South Carolina" was the little news teaser on WYFF just now. Regardless of what the media's opinion is, they make it sound bad on purpose to get people to watch. Makes me sick.

"Packing heat where drinks are served could soon be legal in South Carolina" was the little news teaser on WYFF just now. Regardless of what the media's opinion is, they make it sound bad on purpose to get people to watch. Makes me sick.

It is sad but stupidity sells....Look at all these southern based reality shows that make us all look like hicks to the rest of the country.

Folks are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

8. Looks like it was advanced? I guess the Governor can sign it now?
    SC Senate GOP: CWP Restaurant Bill Advances FITSNews

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    S308 Goes back to House with Amendments.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...back-to-house/
    So I guess we need to get on the horn with our state rep. & tell 'em to not amend the thing one bit, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Looks like it was advanced? I guess the Governor can sign it now?
    SC Senate GOP: CWP Restaurant Bill Advances FITSNews
    it even says in that article you posted that is has to go back to the house for approval since a new amendment was added in the senate.

Sad but true

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast