S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 4
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    S 308 will be heard by the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday at 9:00.

I have a suspicion there will be a group who wants to pressure the committee to amend the bill and remove the curfew portion of the bill. What they won't be telling people is that if the bill gets amended, it goes back to the Senate. I don't have the rules in front of me, but sending an amendment back to the Senate on S 308 is likely to cause it to not progress any further... at least, in my opinion.

Do I like the silly curfew? No. I think it's a poor idea from anti-gun pin heads. However, S 308 has already made it through the Senate, where anti-gun forces tried hard to kill it. Sending it back for them to take another swing seems like a bad idea to me.

I'll be calling every member on the House Judiciary Committee and telling them to pass it to the House for a vote as-is.
    I'm with you 100%.

Don't let the anti-gun crowd fool you..They will derail this if they can...Don't be surprised that they use the ruse of fighting the curfew and the vehicle to kill the bill..
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

4. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Don't let the anti-gun crowd fool you..They will derail this if they can...Don't be surprised that they use the ruse of fighting the curfew and the vehicle to kill the bill..
    The vehicle? Is that part of the bill?

Blog post with contact info -> Blog

All the email flying around to demand the curfew be taken out...If that happens, we start all over again... No way it will pass this year if we do this...We are being played a fool if we fall for this.... Yes it may not be perfect, but it is a start...let's get this passed and come back next year and work to amend it.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Who are the idiots demanding the curfew be taken out?

Several folks to claim to be Pro-Gun.....I don't recall the group that email me last night and I deleted it....I'm sure I will get another message in a few days and I will post..

9. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

According to the email I got earlier from the NRA-ILA, the amendment to remove the restrictions on this bill were passed by the general laws subcommittee. So does this means it's over?

It will now have to go back to the Senate..Most likely they killed our chance to get it passed this year!!!

The house has to pass the bill first. It hasn't even had it's second reading yet.

Then it goes back to the Senate. The Senate may agree with, or disagree with the change. I presume this will require a discussion and vote. If they accept the change, the bill moves forward. If they refuse the change, the House and Senate would need to appoint a commitee with a few members (3 from each I think) to negotiate an acceptable bill which would require another vote in each body. If they fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable bill, we get to wait until next year for another shot.

We all know how much time was wasted during the initial discussion of S 308 in the Senate. Like I said, I haven't combed over the rules in detail, but I know of nothing to prevent the same anti-gun Senators from discussing the same inane nonsense again. The clock is ticking and the session is over in two weeks.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast