S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 42
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

A little off topic, but funny how there's all these steps that still have to happen to make this real... but in NYS they managed to jam an unconstitutional ACT down everybody's throat overnight.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    A little off topic, but funny how there's all these steps that still have to happen to make this real... but in NYS they managed to jam an unconstitutional ACT down everybody's throat overnight.

A very good point. This is how government is supposed to work. You got to see the comments from both sides of the issue. Some of them you agreed with, some you didn't, but they got to say their piece. New laws are supposed to go through the checks and balances. It's supposed to be slow.

When government works fast, you get the NYSAFE act. When government works in the shadows, un-exposed to the sunlight of scrutiny, you get New Jersey or Chicago and it's ugly.

On S-308 -> South Carolina Gun Blog - Guns Save Lives.

4. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    A very good point. This is how government is supposed to work. You got to see the comments from both sides of the issue. Some of them you agreed with, some you didn't, but they got to say their piece. New laws are supposed to go through the checks and balances. It's supposed to be slow.

When government works fast, you get the NYSAFE act. When government works in the shadows, un-exposed to the sunlight of scrutiny, you get New Jersey or Chicago and it's ugly.

On S-308 -> South Carolina Gun Blog - Guns Save Lives.
    That's all well and good, but once it's passed, now is the time to start getting in a hurry. We've fought, we've won, so I wanna know when the victors get to enjoy their spoils.

I just read a news story that said it is already on the Gov's desk. I do think it's a bit early for that to have happened. But, it wouldn't surprise me that a rough draft of the act is already out there somewhere. I would almost bet that this will be signed sometime next week.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I just read a news story that said it is already on the Gov's desk. I do think it's a bit early for that to have happened. But, it wouldn't surprise me that a rough draft of the act is already out there somewhere. I would almost bet that this will be signed sometime next week.

-
    i saw possibly the same article linked on a SC gun page on FB. likened it to not knowing process. i didnt until i started researching for this thread.

Does anyone have a link to a summary of states that allow carry in restaurants? I've heard varying numbers, and one link had some detail, but it only listed 45 states.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

The next battle we'll face, once Haley signs it, will be the restaurants, especially the big chain ones, putting the no concealed weapons signs on the doors. Assuming they are the proper signs & are placed in the precise spots, remind me....these signs won't carry the force of law, right?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a summary of states that allow carry in restaurants? I've heard varying numbers, and one link had some detail, but it only listed 45 states.
    I did some research on it myself after hearing Rep. Pitts saying his information stated it was 2 states including us. I checked it between this site and handgunlaw.us. Between those sources, Rep. Pitts was correct for the lost part. The only other state that doesn't allow it is New Mexico, but even they allow it as long as the establishment sells nothing more than beer or wine and generates no more than 60% of its revenue from alcohol sales. So that being the case, SC was THE ONLY state that didn't to any degree. But if you're going to check it, you have to do it on a state by state basis. There is no one site that I could find that has a nice neat list.

10. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I did some research on it myself after hearing Rep. Pitts saying his information stated it was 2 states including us. I checked it between this site and handgunlaw.us. Between those sources, Rep. Pitts was correct for the lost part. The only other state that doesn't allow it is New Mexico, but even they allow it as long as the establishment sells nothing more than beer or wine and generates no more than 60% of its revenue from alcohol sales. So that being the case, SC was THE ONLY state that didn't to any degree. But if you're going to check it, you have to do it on a state by state basis. There is no one site that I could find that has a nice neat list.
    I downloaded an app that has all the CC laws in a nice format per state, including rest/bar carry, laws, what states are reciprocal etc.

It updates about 2 times a month.

Nice for those that travel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I downloaded an app that has all the CC laws in a nice format per state, including rest/bar carry, laws, what states are reciprocal etc.

It updates about 2 times a month.

Nice for those that travel, etc.
    Legal Heat? that's the one i use.

Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast