S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 44
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    How would a person go about throwing up any sign willy-nilly and claiming it has the force of law when there is not crime for being on property that has a sign? Trespass laws still work don't they?
    You're not paying attention, only pushing your agenda. 23-31-235 protects the right of a property owner to disallow firearms on their property and also protects those who carry from selective enforcement by requiring a specific sign to be posted in a specific manner. No guessing.. I know this comes as a surprise to some people but not everyone wants you carrying in their establishment - and that is their right. Just as it is our right to identify those businesses and not give them our money.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

3. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    How would a person go about throwing up any sign willy-nilly and claiming it has the force of law when there is not crime for being on property that has a sign? Trespass laws still work don't they?
    Yes, but trespass laws don't come into play until after you have asked them to leave and then they refuse. THEN you are trespassing. The sign legally acts as that first warning. If a property owner doesn't want you carrying on their property, they have no way of knowing under concealed carry. Say they do find out. They then have to ask you to leave and at that point you still are not trespassing. The sign keeps them from having to tell you twice.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i still laugh every time i see your avatar...lol.

need to watch the most recent episode still.
    It's arguably the best current show on TV. Nothing will ever beat Seinfeld though. Apples and oranges I know, but in the "all-time greatest show" category, it beats them all.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    You're not paying attention, only pushing your agenda. 23-31-235 protects the right of a property owner to disallow firearms on their property and also protects those who carry from selective enforcement by requiring a specific sign to be posted in a specific manner. No guessing.. I know this comes as a surprise to some people but not everyone wants you carrying in their establishment - and that is their right. Just as it is our right to identify those businesses and not give them our money.
    How does it work in other states that don't have an entire section of sign definition? Are there serious problems?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Yes, but trespass laws don't come into play until after you have asked them to leave and then they refuse. THEN you are trespassing. The sign legally acts as that first warning. If a property owner doesn't want you carrying on their property, they have no way of knowing under concealed carry. Say they do find out. They then have to ask you to leave and at that point you still are not trespassing. The sign keeps them from having to tell you twice.
    Read the question I've asked several times. Yes I'm serious. Are there huge problems in other states with their trespass laws and gun carriers in businesses? If so, I'd love to read about them.

It's arguably the best current show on TV. Nothing will ever beat Seinfeld though. Apples and oranges I know, but in the "all-time greatest show" category, it beats them all.
    i dunno if i'd go that far, but it's good.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i dunno if i'd go that far, but it's good.
    Which one? Justified or Seinfeld? I'll accept that on Justified, but there's no way you can say Seinfeld is "just good".

Haha well what fun would it be if there wasn't that one ass to keep you on your toes!
    Takes one to know one

Which one? Justified or Seinfeld? I'll accept that on Justified, but there's no way you can say Seinfeld is "just good".
    justified. lots of ones i like just as much as justified on tv. it doesn't even stand alone on shows that started in January...lol.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Takes one to know one
    I was sarcastically referring to myself as the ass.

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast