S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 47
Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Probably by the end of the week. They usually do the formal House and Senate signing of Acts on Thursdays.
    Since politicians are scared of a little snow, it might have to wait till next week.

I say suck it up and pack a shovel. Pansies.

3. At this time SC and LA are the only states that don't allow Restaurant Carry. ND Passed Restaurant Carry the middle of 2013. Montana does not allow Concealed Carry in Restaurants that serve alcohol but people can open carry in places that serve alcohol in Montana to stay within the law. New Mexico allows Restaurant Carry in places that serve wine and beer. NM does not allow carry in restaurants that serve hard liquor.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    At this time SC and LA are the only states that don't allow Restaurant Carry. ND Passed Restaurant Carry the middle of 2013. Montana does not allow Concealed Carry in Restaurants that serve alcohol but people can open carry in places that serve alcohol in Montana to stay within the law. New Mexico allows Restaurant Carry in places that serve wine and beer. NM does not allow carry in restaurants that serve hard liquor.
    From the way I read LA law, it is written like the original version of S308 where you can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, you just can't enter the bar area.

5. But does it take effect 20 days after the Gov's signature or immediately when the Gov signs it?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    But does it take effect 20 days after the Gov's signature or immediately when the Gov signs it?
    The Act becomes effective on the 20th day after its approval by the Governor, unless some other effective date is specified in the legislation

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Damn it man that had nothing to do with S308! Get your act together! This thread is for official S308 use only!

Your right..Ya know the other day when I was reading S308, I had a thought "I was taking myself too seriously"
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

9. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Your right..Ya know the other day when I was reading S308, I had a thought "I was taking myself too seriously"
    Better. S308

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Or for those unable to read the bill. :)

SECTION 3. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    So then no 20 days, it goes into effect immediately?

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast