S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 48
Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So then no 20 days, it goes into effect immediately?
    looks like it since it was defined that way in the bill. default is 20, but in most cases things get pushed back to a later date that is signified. glad to see this one is bumped up.

And now we wait.

Tic - Toc - Tic - Toc - Tic - Toc

I never said I was a patient man!
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

4. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    And now we wait.

Tic - Toc - Tic - Toc - Tic - Toc

I never said I was a patient man!
    Are they even in session this week?

5. Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Are they even in session this week?
    With SNOWPOCALYPSE, I doubt anyone will make it till Friday.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    With SNOWPOCALYPSE, I doubt anyone will make it till Friday.
    Yeah but if they only work T-TH then I doubt they'll be signing this week to enable it to go to the Gov.

7. I keep looking at the bill and I am not real familiar with SC law and how they do things but usually when a bill is sent to the governor it will state the date it is sent to the governor. There is nothing about it actually going to the govern. I am not sure this has been sent to the Governor officially yet. From all I can learn she has only 5 days to sign it or veto it or it becomes law.

It has not been sent to the Governor yet. There is an entire process that needs to take place before a page walks the stack of paper to her office.

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    It has not been sent to the Governor yet. There is an entire process that needs to take place before a page walks the stack of paper to her office.
    ^^^this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    I keep looking at the bill and I am not real familiar with SC law and how they do things but usually when a bill is sent to the governor it will state the date it is sent to the governor. There is nothing about it actually going to the govern. I am not sure this has been sent to the Governor officially yet. From all I can learn she has only 5 days to sign it or veto it or it becomes law.
    it has to be rewritten as an act, then get signed off by certain folks, then goes to the governor. once it actually makes it to her desk is when the 5 days starts.

Do we know if it has been rewritten?
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

11. It was not on the list of bills ratified today. Maybe next week.
    South Carolina Legislature Mobile

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast