S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 5
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Wait until next year is unacceptable....Folks should stop whining and allow the bill to move forward... They once passed we can work to improve it...Some people are like children if they cannot get the cherry on their ice cream, they pitch a fit...Got to have it all or nothing... We all suffer because they try to bully people and lose the fight...
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

3. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    The house has to pass the bill first. It hasn't even had it's second reading yet.

Then it goes back to the Senate. The Senate may agree with, or disagree with the change. I presume this will require a discussion and vote. If they accept the change, the bill moves forward. If they refuse the change, the House and Senate would need to appoint a commitee with a few members (3 from each I think) to negotiate an acceptable bill which would require another vote in each body. If they fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable bill, we get to wait until next year for another shot.

We all know how much time was wasted during the initial discussion of S 308 in the Senate. Like I said, I haven't combed over the rules in detail, but I know of nothing to prevent the same anti-gun Senators from discussing the same inane nonsense again. The clock is ticking and the session is over in two weeks.
    So if the House doesn't approve the bill, it's dead. If they do approve the bill as is now, it goes back to the Senate. If the Senate disapproves, it goes to the process you were referring to, and if they approve, it goes to the governor? Do I have that correct?

That's about it. Seems like a lot to get done before June 6th doesn't it?

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    That's about it. Seems like a lot to get done before June 6th doesn't it?
    Ok for some reason I was thinking when everyone said that it had to start over that that meant that it would go back to the senate and then back to the house again.

6. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

So who do we need to be calling and harassing now?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So who do we need to be calling and harassing now?
    Exactly. Who?!

I've been looking & having no success....is there some place to view how the subcommittee members voted?

These are the people on the subcommittee that apparently decided to hold this thing up some more:

Hon. Derham Cole, Chairman Attorney: Patrick Dennis
    Hon. Dan Hamilton
    Hon. Joe McEachern

10. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    These are the people on the subcommittee that apparently decided to hold this thing up some more:

Hon. Derham Cole, Chairman Attorney: Patrick Dennis
    Hon. Dan Hamilton
    Hon. Joe McEachern
    Try doing a google search for SC House Judiciary Committee. It worked for me when I was looking for the senate judiciary committee. I'm going to try that when I can get on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Try doing a google search for SC House Judiciary Committee. It worked for me when I was looking for the senate judiciary committee. I'm going to try that when I can get on a PC.
    Those men I listed are the General Laws Subcommittee, who, as I understand it, decided to amend the thing before putting it on the House floor. This, I'm afraid, is gonna kill the thing before the end of the session.

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast