S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 50
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Does this bill allow you to open carry in your car?
    No, doesn't appear so.

Section 16-23-20(9)(a) of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 28 of 2007, is further amended to read:"(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance. If the person has been issued a concealed weapons permit pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, then the person also may secure his weapon under a seat in a vehicle, or in any open or closed storage compartment within the vehicle's passenger compartment; or"
    D. Section 16-23-10(10) of the 1976 Code, as added by Act 294 of 2004, is amended to read:
    "(10) 'Luggage compartment' means the trunk of a motor vehicle which has a trunk; however, with respect to a motor vehicle which does not have a trunk, the term 'luggage compartment' refers to the area of the motor vehicle in which the manufacturer designed that luggage be carried or to the area of the motor vehicle in which luggage is customarily carried. In a station wagon, van, hatchback vehicle, truck, or sport utility vehicle, the term 'luggage compartment' refers to the area behind, but not under, the rearmost seat. In a truck, the term 'luggage compartment' refers to the area behind the rearmost seat, but not under the front seat."
    But it does appear that you no longer have to have the compartment you're carrying your gun in closed and you can have one inside of an open door pocket or other compartment if you have a CWP.

I'm not a lawyer or a politician so YMMV.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post

You should be yelling that our Government has no right to limit your right to carry!

Like NavyLCDR has stated many time the Government doesn't have this right to give to us!

If you will let them grant it to you then you are defeated from the start.
    There are a LOT of things the Gov. tells us to do that are unconstitutional. But they still do. I do call my reps. An occasional Ltr. too. You aren't the only one. I agree with your sentiments but it all takes time. I'm waiting to see how far the 'rally round the flag,screw the law attitude is going to get some of you.

Any new news on 308 & the governor's siggy??

The Senate is not in session until Tuesday.

6. Anything?

Ratified today. R 127.

8. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Ratified today. R 127.
    So now to the gov? Are we thinking it should be legal by the weekend?

Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

10. Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    What does that mean?

The ratified bill ready for the Governor's signature.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast