S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 54
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 596

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

  1. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Body in SC and my mind is in the Tropics
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    it's a good day in south carolina.
    amen!
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

  2.   
  3. #532
    I believe I read that those with military etc. training can opt out of part of the classes ?....I think.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    I believe I read that those with military etc. training can opt out of part of the classes ?....I think.
    It would make sense that they could opt out of the shooting portion, but I would still think they would need the legals part. This is not to be construed to my condoning the permit process. I'm just thinking if it's gonna be there, the legals is the most important part.

    My guess is that there will soon be "Get your CWP in just an hour!" shops popping up all over the place haha!

  5. #534
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    33
    Many states have no tests nor training required. Get your permit in a few minutes. Nothing wrong with that. Hell we shouldn't need permits

  6. #535
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    33
    as a side note, after I took the class to get my permit, I had 10 weeks of personal training. Prior to the class I had no real handgun experience. So I used common sense.

  7. #536
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bonneau & Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    441
    Hopefully the SCOTUS will define what does it mean to "bear arms".
    Can you bearing arms on your property if bear arms = bring arms, hold arms, present arms ===> Constitutional Carry!?!?!?!

  8. #537
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post

    My guess is that there will soon be "Get your CWP in just an hour!" shops popping up all over the place haha!
    I doubt that-- It cost way to much for most instructors to build their own range!

    But, I can see the removal of the time restriction requirement helping some instructors who do give one-on-one training. It really doesn't take more than a couple of hours to go through general CWP laws and give a few examples & hypotheticals. Nor, do all students need to spend much time on practice before the live fire qualification.

    I can see some small classes (2-4 students), only taking about four hours. But, most of the established instructors I know really don't plan on changing anything about they way they present their classes.


    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

  9. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I doubt that-- It cost way to much for most instructors to build their own range!

    But, I can see the removal of the time restriction requirement helping some instructors who do give one-on-one training. It really doesn't take more than a couple of hours to go through general CWP laws and give a few examples & hypotheticals. Nor, do all students need to spend much time on practice before the live fire qualification.

    I can see some small classes (2-4 students), only taking about four hours. But, most of the established instructors I know really don't plan on changing anything about they way they present their classes.


    -
    we didnt do any practice before mine. first thing we did was shoot on the range. rest of the time was sitting in a classroom.

  10. #539
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    We have always had students bring 50rds of practice ammo. All the classes I've been involved with always have several inexperienced shooters. Many times there is at least one person who has never shot a firearm before. Having the extra 50rds to practice prior to testing allows instructors & coaches to work through any safety or shooting issues.

    We usually have a 1:1 ratio while on the range and take all the time a student may need to feel comfortable & safe when he finishes the class. My wife & I also specialize in working with the newbies in a class and we may take some extra time with them if they need it.


    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

  11. #540
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Body in SC and my mind is in the Tropics
    Posts
    1,651
    When I conducted CWP classes I would not accept a student had never fired a weapon. If they applied I would suggest they go to a range and become familiar with the weapon they intend to qualify with. It was my experience it made the entire class run smoother..

    If they wanted private lessons I would either provide them or direct them to an instructor.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast