S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 55
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Being as this thread may well wind down soon,I figured I'd get off topic. Those idiot so called 'weather men'. Got 3-4" (6-10?) and all freezing rain as of about 7. Waiting for the lights to go out.
    'John doesn't now weather'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    Being as this thread may well wind down soon,I figured I'd get off topic. Those idiot so called 'weather men'. Got 3-4" (6-10?) and all freezing rain as of about 7. Waiting for the lights to go out.
    'John doesn't now weather'.
    Same here

We filled the motor-home up so when we lose the power we will move into it and fire up the generator.......
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

so has there been any statement to say this took effect on Tuesday? i looked on SLED and didnt see anything other than alcohol serving restaurants are no longer on the disallowed list.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    so has there been any statement to say this took effect on Tuesday? i looked on SLED and didnt see anything other than alcohol serving restaurants are no longer on the disallowed list.
    Went into effect with the Gov's signature.
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    The Act itself gives it's effective date. It took effect when signed.

2013-2014 Bill 308: Firearms - South Carolina Legislature Online

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Same here

We filled the motor-home up so when we lose the power we will move into it and fire up the generator.......
    A friend of mine has one. Like a bus! Good to have such a back up in case of 'any' emergency. Good for you!!

What are the limits with the new firearm law when it comes to having your firearm in the car. Sounds like they have made it easier to have the firearm and not have it on your person or even requiring it to be in your console or glove compartment or trunk. I surely understand "under your seat" but it also says "open or closed storage compartment"---can this mean a ladies purse, an attache case, or even a cigar box or some other kind of container that, when closed (not locked) conceals the firearm? My reading is that is exactly what is meant. Thought I would just hear from others..

9. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    What are the limits with the new firearm law when it comes to having your firearm in the car. Sounds like they have made it easier to have the firearm and not have it on your person or even requiring it to be in your console or glove compartment or trunk. I surely understand "under your seat" but it also says "open or closed storage compartment"---can this mean a ladies purse, an attache case, or even a cigar box or some other kind of container that, when closed (not locked) conceals the firearm? My reading is that is exactly what is meant. Thought I would just hear from others..
    The way it reads you could be right, however I think the intent is to mean a storage compartment that is part of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Went into effect with the Gov's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    The Act itself gives it's effective date. It took effect when signed.

2013-2014 Bill 308: Firearms - South Carolina Legislature Online
    i know what the act stated, but none of the press releases stated a start date. they all say she simply signed it. wondering if the police have been informed to avoid any wrongful imprisonment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I doubt that-- It cost way to much for most instructors to build their own range!

But, I can see the removal of the time restriction requirement helping some instructors who do give one-on-one training. It really doesn't take more than a couple of hours to go through general CWP laws and give a few examples & hypotheticals. Nor, do all students need to spend much time on practice before the live fire qualification.

I can see some small classes (2-4 students), only taking about four hours. But, most of the established instructors I know really don't plan on changing anything about they way they present their classes.

-
    One instructor I know rents a hotel room for the class and takes them to a friend's property for the shooting component. Or I suppose you could use any range. So no building a range necessary.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast