S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 56
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

1. Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i know what the act stated, but none of the press releases stated a start date. they all say she simply signed it. wondering if the police have been informed to avoid any wrongful imprisonment.
    Unless they've kept up with it themselves, it's doubtful. I couldn't tell you how many of our campus police try and tell me I'm not supposed to have my gun in my car on school property. This is why it's a good idea to keep a print out of the laws in your vehicle or somewhere with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    This is why it's a good idea to keep a print out of the laws in your vehicle or somewhere with you.
    I was just discussing that with my Wife the other day. And it's exactly what I said we should do.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    I was just discussing that with my Wife the other day. And it's exactly what I said we should do.
    Yep, and all the parts of law that I figure they may not know that I take advantage of, I have highlighted for convenient location on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i know what the act stated, but none of the press releases stated a start date. they all say she simply signed it. wondering if the police have been informed to avoid any wrongful imprisonment.
    I misunderstood. Sorry. I have no idea.

As a general rule, I operate under the assumption that the police don't know the law. Sometimes they prove me wrong.

I won't be surprised at all to hear someone has been arrested and accused of a crime that no longer exists.

Our legislators have so convoluted the law that no one could be expected to know everything. LE should verify before ruining someone's life-long clean record.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Everyone that is for S308 needs to get behind Lee Bright for Senate. Lindsey Graham needs to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    Everyone that is for S308 needs to get behind Lee Bright for Senate. Lindsey Graham needs to go!
    Lindsey Graham has no say in state law. He's a U.S. Senator. No?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?

10. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    No, but what he's saying is that one of the sponsors of S308 is now running for Lindsey Graham's seat in US Senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?
    No they haven't. Our mall has signs up that are way above the height requirement and they also don't contain any wording. I carry in there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Lee Bright is a current STATE Senator that is running AGAINST Graham for his seat as a US Senator.

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast