S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13 - Page 57
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?
    It sounds like the best thing you could do. I've told more than one restaurant owner/manager that if they post a sign, I'll spend my money elsewhere. They seem to be under the impression that this is a boycott. It's exactly the opposite. They posted a sign telling me they don't want my money. I'm happy to comply.

The sign requirements don't specify a color other than black do they?

3. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    It sounds like the best thing you could do. I've told more than one restaurant owner/manager that if they post a sign, I'll spend my money elsewhere. They seem to be under the impression that this is a boycott. It's exactly the opposite. They posted a sign telling me they don't want my money. I'm happy to comply.

The sign requirements don't specify a color other than black do they?
    I thought it did too but no it doesn't. The law doesn't specify a color for the circle with the diagonal line, but more often than not they are red, so it is easy to assume that the law says that when it actually doesn't. Even SLED's website has an example with a red circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    Everyone that is for S308 needs to get behind Lee Bright for Senate. Lindsey Graham needs to go!
    Lindsey Graham definitely needs to go for sure. Voted for him his first term............Never again!

Just thought y'all'd like to know....I legally carried concealed in Olive Garden today!

Fatz, Zorbas and Carabas

7. Sticky Fingers as we speak :D

8. I wont advertise where I went, but I just got back a little while ago too...

We went to Fatz last night and there was no sign.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    We went to Fatz last night and there was no sign.
    That's funny cause I didn't even check to see if anywhere I ate had a sign or not.

Guess I gotta get out more. I haven't been to an eatery yet. Went to the bar yesterday though. But I drank!

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast