S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Which of you fine upstanding gentlemen wanna take a crack @ interpreting & explaining all of this to us plain-talking country folk?

Click Me!

Apparently Senator Reese has nothing between the ears. His amendments make no sense. Singling out 9mm semi, stainless steel, lightweight alloy, more than six rounds, barrels longer than 6", etc etc.

4. S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

So basically it's a matter of who gives a sh!t if it passes or not now?

I'm confused about something though...do all of those amendments apply or just one? Cause when you click each link it only shows the bill with one exception, not all.

i'd think they would all apply since each one was voted on and passed. i could see it being rewritten and changed if each one before it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    Apparently Senator Reese has nothing between the ears. His amendments make no sense. Singling out 9mm semi, stainless steel, lightweight alloy, more than six rounds, barrels longer than 6", etc etc.
    WTF is this crap?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    South Carolina Legislature Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post

I'm confused about something though...do all of those amendments apply or just one? Cause when you click each link it only shows the bill with one exception, not all.
    I believe I have replied before but passage of CC in restaurants that serve alcohol is important if you like to go out to eat at night, particularly downtown in my city of Charleston. If the restaurant serves alcohol, regardless of whether I drink or not, to be within the law I must be unarmed from my parked car to the restaurant and from the restaurant to the car, which, at night, is 180 degrees from my firm belief in situational awareness. Dark streets. empty streets, dark parking garages with places to hide etal leave me vulnerable especially without a CC firearm. People will say "its concealed--do it and do not worry about it--no one will know". Unfortunately, if the "need actually arises" for the use of your firearm, further investigation will find that you were carrying illegal in the first place. You may not face criminal charges for an arguable good shoot but in civil court you can probably say bye bye to your assets.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post

I believe I have replied before but passage of CC in restaurants that serve alcohol is important if you like to go out to eat at night, particularly downtown in my city of Charleston. If the restaurant serves alcohol, regardless of whether I drink or not, to be within the law I must be unarmed from my parked car to the restaurant and from the restaurant to the car, which, at night, is 180 degrees from my firm belief in situational awareness. Dark streets. empty streets, dark parking garages with places to hide etal leave me vulnerable especially without a CC firearm. People will say "its concealed--do it and do not worry about it--no one will know". Unfortunately, if the "need actually arises" for the use of your firearm, further investigation will find that you were carrying illegal in the first place. You may not face criminal charges for an arguable good shoot but in civil court you can probably say bye bye to your assets.
    For places like Charleston and Greenville my logic was more along the lines of walking from home to restaurants. I don't find it to be as big of a deal (only in terms of length you have to walk) here in Anderson because you park in the parking lot. But if you live somewhere where you can walk to the restaurant from your house, these senators are thinking of that. They're narrow mindledly thinking only about inside the restaurant.

It is my firm believe that S.308 is THE most important gun legislation on the docket this year, & like kelcarry mentioned, it is b/c of the range of dangerous possibilities that exist when going from one's car into a restaurant, & then leaving said restaurant & making one's way to his/her car. I want this one passed badly!!!!

For places like Charleston and Greenville my logic was more along the lines of walking from home to restaurants. I don't find it to be as big of a deal (only in terms of length you have to walk) here in Anderson because you park in the parking lot. But if you live somewhere where you can walk to the restaurant from your house, these senators are thinking of that. They're narrow mindledly thinking only about inside the restaurant.
    Idiots all. They really believe that if they pass it there will shootouts in the OK Saloon? How stupid are they? Answer: Very very stupid if that is what they think the majority of their CC constituents are all about and I take severe exception to that.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast