Defending restaurant carry... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defending restaurant carry...

1. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Your concern is valid and I don't know the answer.

In your example, does the entire inside of the building become a "portion of the business' premises primarily devoted to the service and consumption of alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine." Good question.

I hope folks can see how many problems there are with this language. If this gets passed, it will need to get cleaned up at some point.
    I spoke with Lee Bright today and asked him this question and he also did not know the answer so he said he was going to throw it at the guys who actually made the amendment to see if they would even know (he wasn't very optimistic though). I told him I had been trying to get in touch with Senator Reese for several weeks now and haven't gotten a reply. He said that if Senator Reese knows you've got questions that he doesn't wanna hear or have to answer, you're not going to hear back from him.

The practice of not replying to questions that you don't want to is pretty universal amongst politicians. Even if they did give you an answer, it's just an opinion worth no more than anyone else's.

4. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    The practice of not replying to questions that you don't want to is pretty universal amongst politicians. Even if they did give you an answer, it's just an opinion worth no more than anyone else's.
    Lee seems like the type of guy who's calling you back no matter what you've got to say. He seems like the most down to earth one I've talked to. Which begs the question...how the hell did he get elected?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123