Defending restaurant carry...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defending restaurant carry...

1. Defending restaurant carry...

I saw where NcIC105 posted the link about the restaurant carry being in the news and all the anti-gunners posting comments. I try and support these things as much as I can, however I'm better off not participating in these things because I just get irate when I see some of these comments. I mean how do you logically defend this bill when someone who is obviously uneducated on the bill honestly believes its going to start shoot outs like in the old western days. One person even posted about how it would make SC like one big "Dodge City".

I think I'll just stick to persuading senators and congressmen because these people obviously don't understand that this bill actually ADDS more language to the gun laws about the illegality of consuming alcohol while carrying a gun, while simply expanding the rights of lawful CWP holders who aren't consuming alcohol.

I had that very problem last night at work. 2 guys, totally ignorant, thought it meant that any S.C. citizen could carry into a restaurant. They even used the words, "O.K. Corale." I entered the convo. Told 'em it only applies to people who have CWPs. They both thought that anyone could get a CWP. I then informed them that a test, both written & on the range, had to earn satisfactory scores, as well as a sled/fingerprint check. I then went on to explain how restaurants aren't really the concern, but parking lots are. They initially tried to argue, b/c they're ignorant, but by the time we were finished discussing it, they really weren't saying much.

4. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    I had that very problem last night at work. 2 guys, totally ignorant, thought it meant that any S.C. citizen could carry into a restaurant. They even used the words, "O.K. Corale." I entered the convo. Told 'em it only applies to people who have CWPs. They both thought that anyone could get a CWP. I then informed them that a test, both written & on the range, had to earn satisfactory scores, as well as a sled/fingerprint check. I then went on to explain how restaurants aren't really the concern, but parking lots are. They initially tried to argue, b/c they're ignorant, but by the time we were finished discussing it, they really weren't saying much.
    Yeah I try and explain to people that its already illegal to carry a gun and consume alcohol and under this bill it's still just as illegal to carry a gun and consume alcohol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I saw where NcIC105 posted the link about the restaurant carry being in the news and all the anti-gunners posting comments. I try and support these things as much as I can, however I'm better off not participating in these things because I just get irate when I see some of these comments. I mean how do you logically defend this bill when someone who is obviously uneducated on the bill honestly believes its going to start shoot outs like in the old western days. One person even posted about how it would make SC like one big "Dodge City".

I think I'll just stick to persuading senators and congressmen because these people obviously don't understand that this bill actually ADDS more language to the gun laws about the illegality of consuming alcohol while carrying a gun, while simply expanding the rights of lawful CWP holders who aren't consuming alcohol.
    Idk man, I listen to the OTR episodes of Gunsmoke every night with my kids at bedtime and most the shooting occurs outside city limits or at the saloon while one is drunk. Plus, Marshall Dillon keeps that town on lock.

If they are going to reference Dodge City (which they only know from the TV show) then play along and make a James Arness avatar and troll em lol

Of course as soon as "restaurant carry" is mentioned, the anti's immediately twist it to "Guns in BARS!"
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

7. Defending restaurant carry...

Kevin Bryant just sent me a list of all the senators that supported the 12am-5am amendment (he wasn't one of them of course) and I ask him if those senators had an alternative plan to keep criminals out of those restaurants after 12 since they felt we didn't need to carry and if they had any evident or research to support the notion that us CWP holders were more likely to try and shoot something between 12am and 5am. I'm sure he'll find it quite amusing.

We have always been able to carry concealed in restaurants and bars in New York State. No shootouts, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    We have always been able to carry concealed in restaurants and bars in New York State. No shootouts, no problems.
    And no magazines to be found to carry 7 in.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

If you actually study western history pretty much the same a lot of gun carrying and very little shoot of other folks, with more guns per capita than today. Fully the libs always bring up blood in the streets, and the only blood in the streets is where the BG knows he has the advantage. Every time you see a post where the gun is used for protection send it to the local paper, it is estimated guns are used for protection around 100,000 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    If you actually study western history pretty much the same a lot of gun carrying and very little shoot of other folks, with more guns per capita than today. Fully the libs always bring up blood in the streets, and the only blood in the streets is where the BG knows he has the advantage. Every time you see a post where the gun is used for protection send it to the local paper, it is estimated guns are used for protection around 100,000 times a year.
    It varies a lot by different studies.
    Lawrence Southwick, Jr.,
    Guns and Justifiable Homicide: Deterrence and Defense - concludes there are at least 400,000 "fewer violent crimes due to civilian self-defense use of guns" and at least "800,000 violent crimes are deterred each year because of gun ownership and use by civilians."
    Excerpted from ABCNEWS.com:
    The political climate surrounding guns is so intense that studies have been done of studies that have been done about studies. Philip Cook, the director of Duke University's public policy institute, has examined the data behind the 108,000 and the 2.5 million figures and suspects the truth lies somewhere in between. "Many of the basic statistics about guns are in wide disagreement with each other depending on which source you go to," says Cook, a member of the apolitical National Consortium on Violence Research. "That's been a real puzzle to people who are trying to understand what's going on."
    GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast