How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

I have a related question. How much land must one own in S. C. to qualify as a property owner? I would like to buy one square foot so I can be a land owner there and get a carry permit. Other than Maryland, which is a separate country, I can drive all the way to Florida except through S.C . I have an Arizona permit, which S.C. honors, but only if I reside in AZ, which I don't. Anyone know the "owner" requirements?

3. Mine took 87 days. I saw a news story about this. They were considering outing on an extra shift to deal with the backlog.

So why can't you drive through South Carolina? No problem if it is in your glove compartment, center console, or trunk.

5. How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

I'm curious though, what exactly do they do that takes 90 days? If it takes 90 days (or at least close to it) whether they're getting tons of applications or very few, seems to me like they're just sitting on them for the hell of it.

I've had 2 from PA and one in Ohio. Those states are required to issue within 45 days. All 3 of mine took close to 45 days.
    They are axxholes about it !

7. How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

And speaking of the name SLED, since when is Carolina implied with the S? To me they should either be called South Law Enforcement Division, or they should change their abbreviation to SCLED.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    And speaking of the name SLED, since when is Carolina implied with the S? To me they should either be called South Law Enforcement Division, or they should change their abbreviation to SCLED.
    Because people would phonetically pronounce it, "SC Led", which might be a negative connotation. Might be more intimidating to criminals though. I don't think I'd want anyone that sounds like lead (as in the metal), coming after me.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

9. SLED = State Law Enforcement Division

Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    SLED = State Law Enforcement Division
    not according to their own website...

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is experiencing a tremendous influx of concealed weapon permit applications, both new and renewal. The applications are processed in the order in which they are received, starting from the date SLED actually receives the application. Processing is taking the full ninety days on both new and renewals. Please know that we are processing all applications as quickly as possible, while maintaining the quality of backgrounds required by law. Your patience is greatly appreciated during this time.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

11. Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    SLED = State Law Enforcement Division
    If that's the case then no one has ever called it that. Everyone always calls it South Carolina Law Enforcement Division when they use the long name...even SLED themselves. So I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast