How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

Where to carry CCW

Quote Originally Posted by draexo View Post
    I will remember... the squeaky wheel gets the oil and you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

There were 28 days in February and 31 in March. That makes May 16th my 90 day mark, if I have done my calculations correctly. So **IF** they mail it by the 16th, I should have it, by the 20th I would say.

I am getting anxious, though I just purchased a carry weapon, I can not seem to find a place to carry it! And thanks for the phone number!

I recommend to carry inside the waistband at 4:30 O'clock if you are right handed or at 7:30 if you are left handed (I am a lifetime LEFTY) . I use a BLADETECH - ULTIMATE CONCEALMENT HOLSTER with the FBI CANT. Having the FBI cant is very important to the speed of your draw!! go to(bladetech.com)
    With this rig I can conceal my MK40 KAHR by just tucking in my shirt over the gun. I have been carrying that way for about eight years and have never had anyone notice the gun. People quit looking for a gun when you don't wear a jacket or loose shirt.

I got mine in 58 days, renewal, the old fashion way, not online.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    I recommend to carry inside the waistband at 4:30 O'clock if you are right handed or at 7:30 if you are left handed (I am a lifetime LEFTY) . I use a BLADETECH - ULTIMATE CONCEALMENT HOLSTER with the FBI CANT. Having the FBI cant is very important to the speed of your draw!! go to(bladetech.com)
    With this rig I can conceal my MK40 KAHR by just tucking in my shirt over the gun. I have been carrying that way for about eight years and have never had anyone notice the gun. People quit looking for a gun when you don't wear a jacket or loose shirt.
    That website is Blade-tech.com. Looks like a nice holster!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    Take the day you sent it in, add 2 days to get it there, 90 days to process it and 2 days to get it back. If it has been more than that, don't just sit around and wait. Get on their case. By law they are supposed to mail it 90 days after they receive it. Tell them you want to know when you are going to get it. Call (803) 896-7015. Stay on them, remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    I called them. Here is what I was told. They received my app on 2/22. I know it was received 2/15, however they did not get to it until 2/22. I am set to receive my CWP in the next two weeks. They are averaging 90 to 95 days.

I called them. Here is what I was told. They received my app on 2/22. I know it was received 2/15, however they did not get to it until 2/22. I am set to receive my CWP in the next two weeks. They are averaging 90 to 95 days.
    I was under the impression the countdown starts when they receive/confirm funds from your cashiers check/money order.

13-31-215 says in part "(C) SLED shall issue a written statement to an unqualified applicant specifying its reasons for denying the application within ninety days from the date the application was received; otherwise, SLED shall issue a concealable weapon permit."

Until they exceed the 90 days and someone has standing to take them to task, and actually does so, SLED will make up their own rules on when the 90 days starts.

If they ever get really busy, I suspect it will become 90 days from the date we got it out of the pile.

We need to change this and get it down to 30 days. What the heck takes them so long anyway?

8. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    13-31-215 says in part "(C) SLED shall issue a written statement to an unqualified applicant specifying its reasons for denying the application within ninety days from the date the application was received; otherwise, SLED shall issue a concealable weapon permit."

Until they exceed the 90 days and someone has standing to take them to task, and actually does so, SLED will make up their own rules on when the 90 days starts.

If they ever get really busy, I suspect it will become 90 days from the date we got it out of the pile.

We need to change this and get it down to 30 days. What the heck takes them so long anyway?
    I've wondered the same thing. It seems to me that it usually takes the full 90 days whether they are busy and backed up or not. So seems to me they're just dragging ass for the hell of it.

9. Update to the OP. My father in law received his CWP last Friday May 24th. He mailed his the same time as mine (within a day or two). Mine is still not here as SLED (that is what they all call it around here) claims to have received mine 2/22 though I show a 2/15 receipt on my tracking number. Of course, my father in law just sent his first class. Any day now they tell me!

10. SLED stands for state law enforcement division

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    not according to their own website...

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is experiencing a tremendous influx of concealed weapon permit applications, both new and renewal. The applications are processed in the order in which they are received, starting from the date SLED actually receives the application. Processing is taking the full ninety days on both new and renewals. Please know that we are processing all applications as quickly as possible, while maintaining the quality of backgrounds required by law. Your patience is greatly appreciated during this time.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    SLED stands for state law enforcement division
    ^^^no it does not. use the link to their own website and read for yourself.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast