How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

1. How long does it take for SLED to issue the CWP?

SCLED is what I call them. Otherwise it's just South Law Enforcement Division, which is just slightly bigger than SC.

3. I checked online and both South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and State Law Enforcement Division show up as the correct acronyms for SLED.

4. Quote Originally Posted by draexo View Post
    I checked online and both South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and State Law Enforcement Division show up as the correct acronyms for SLED.
    Wouldn't "State" Law Enforcement Division apply to 49 other states besides just ours? What if there was a State University?

5. Is that calendar days or working days? There have been at least 2-3 working days SLED was "closed" and did not work. I have not bugged them to see what the status is yet. If it is working days with a 2 week/10 day delay time of receipt and start processing, I am at 72 working days or 100+ calendar days and still waiting...

6. Quote Originally Posted by izaclown View Post
    Is that calendar days or working days? There have been at least 2-3 working days SLED was "closed" and did not work. I have not bugged them to see what the status is yet. If it is working days with a 2 week/10 day delay time of receipt and start processing, I am at 72 working days or 100+ calendar days and still waiting...
    Calendar days. 90 calendar days is WAY more than enough anyways. We don't need to give them any more slack than they already have. There should be nothing more than filing your paper work, conducting your background check, and printing out your permit. Nothing that they shouldn't be able to get done in 2 weeks tops even when slammed like they are now.

7. Today is my 92nd day (app was receive 2/28/13) and I called to check. I was told by a very nice woman at SLED that it would be "a couple more weeks" before mine was mailed out. Unable to provide me with any more details...

I'm hoping that it comes next week or the week after. 100ish days seems more than sufficient to me.

Not to worry, if you qualify it will show up...you'll just need to think very seriously on how you are going to conceal. Here in Texas It's a very hot climate, and the police are not very forgiving on people being able to to see your firearm, and justifiably so. People get Leary when a firearm is visible, when it's not supposed to be seen. So getting set up for concealed carry you need to consider how you can conceal without ANY possibility of somebody else knowing you're carrying. So numerous things need to be taken into consideration...How can I conceal the firearm, how I can wear it comfortably, and of course above all, how to do this all safely. Hiding a .44mag or even a 9mm can be a real task. even a small .38 can be problematic. I have had to carefully consider how to do that by using the right carry hardware. So my advise to anyone new to concealed is to research these issues and find what works for you. Oh, the one thing I didn't mention is draw speed. In most cases, it all happens in seconds. O.K. My rant for the day done ! I hope it helps someone! Let me know if it does...it'll make it worth my while!

9. Stopped into the LGS today and was advised that the expected wait is now ~120 days. Has anyone that mailed their application in 2013 bettered that?

120 days to get a CWP? The first person that goes over 95 or so days needs to call SLED and read them section 23-31-215 section C.

This is what their website has to say:

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is experiencing a tremendous influx of concealed weapon permit applications, both new and renewal. The applications are processed in the order in which they are received, starting from the date SLED actually receives the application. Processing is taking the full ninety days on both new and renewals. Please know that we are processing all applications as quickly as possible, while maintaining the quality of backgrounds required by law. Your patience is greatly appreciated during this time.

11. Today was my 96th day since SLED confirmed receipt of my info (2/28/13). I'm hoping the cashier at the shop (Limehouse on Johns Island) just had some ad info. I have been going crazy since it hit 90.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast