CWP Test Questions? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CWP Test Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    As has been said in argument after argument on the pro-gun side, their access to a gun is not the limiting factor for crime, it's their intentions. I go to church with a few men who are convicted felons and I would trust them more with a gun than a lot of people out there who can legally buy a gun. One of them was a good family friend of ours before he served his time, and still is now that he's out. He's a great guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, just got caught up in some crooked business deals by some higher-ups at his company who were taking advantage of him. When the sh!t hit the fan, he took the fall. If they are still criminals after serving their time, and they want a gun, the laws keeping them from buying one aren't going to stop them. But what if you have good men who made a bad mistake once upon a time and are truly turned around and doing the right thing now, why shouldn't they be afforded the right to self defense just like everyone else?
    You typed a bunch of words, but never answered my question. My fault for making it open ended. The only two choices for the following question are yes or no.

Would you support a change in legislation to allow all convicted felons to keep and bear arms if they so choose?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    You typed a bunch of words, but never answered my question. My fault for making it open ended. The only two choices for the following question are yes or no.

Would you support a change in legislation to allow all convicted felons to keep and bear arms if they so choose?
    NO..............
    When seconds count, the police is just a couple minutes away !
    Armed......Not dangerous
    NRA Member

4. Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    you typed a bunch of words, but never answered my question. My fault for making it open ended. The only two choices for the following question are yes or no.

YES............I thought explaining that the laws we have not allowing them to have them are not what's keeping them from committing crimes would be an obvious "yes". The 2nd amendment does not include the wording "...except for convicted felons." When you allow law makers to set that regulation into play, then you start a precedent that allows them to put restrictions on other individuals, such as those which do not get their required permits, or perhaps eventually, anyone who is not active duty military or law enforcement. Once you allow one rule, what's to stop a thousand more?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    YES............I thought explaining that the laws we have not allowing them to have them are not what's keeping them from committing crimes would be an obvious "yes". The 2nd amendment does not include the wording "...except for convicted felons." When you allow law makers to set that regulation into play, then you start a precedent that allows them to put restrictions on other individuals, such as those which do not get their required permits, or perhaps eventually, anyone who is not active duty military or law enforcement. Once you allow one rule, what's to stop a thousand more?
    Congratulations! You passed the test. I knew where you were going with your explanation, but I had to nail you down. Unfortunately there aren't more gun rights advocates like you and I who understand that rights are for everyone, not just us. You know, like the statist above your last response.

"gkeil961" should be ashamed of himself...
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    That is actually an interesting thing to consider. I am not sure, but my thought process leans towards yes. Consider that felons are going to get guns if they want them. If I buy a gun at a gun store there is a record of it. I don't like that there is a de-facto gun registry, meaning that if they wanted to look into it they can find out what guns I own. But with our system as it is right now, it would be nice if they could track the felon's guns as easily as they could mine.
    -
    So if felons could buy guns as easily as me it would possibly reduce "illegal" gun sales, make the guns they use in a future crime more easily traceable, and at least put the recidivists back in jail quicker. The same could apply to those dishonorably discharged. I know for a fact that some have been discharged for DUI, positive whiz-quiz results etc. Again, a blanket 2A revocation for an entire group of people doesn't seem to make sense. They are trying to include all veterans in the mix due to the "probability" that I have PTSD...
    -
    Again, just spit-balling here, have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    That is actually an interesting thing to consider. I am not sure, but my thought process leans towards yes. Consider that felons are going to get guns if they want them. If I buy a gun at a gun store there is a record of it. I don't like that there is a de-facto gun registry, meaning that if they wanted to look into it they can find out what guns I own. But with our system as it is right now, it would be nice if they could track the felon's guns as easily as they could mine.
    -
    So if felons could buy guns as easily as me it would possibly reduce "illegal" gun sales, make the guns they use in a future crime more easily traceable, and at least put the recidivists back in jail quicker. The same could apply to those dishonorably discharged. I know for a fact that some have been discharged for DUI, positive whiz-quiz results etc. Again, a blanket 2A revocation for an entire group of people doesn't seem to make sense. They are trying to include all veterans in the mix due to the "probability" that I have PTSD...
    -
    Again, just spit-balling here, have I missed something?
    I'd say that you have it exactly figured out. Convicted felons or anyone else who wish to do others harm, will get weapons (including knives, bats, cars, shovels, etc) one way or the other, most likely through illegal means. However, convicted felons or anyone else who does not intend to harm others should be able to easily procure weapons whether they want them for self defense or recreation.

Not all convicted felons are out to harm someone. Not all felons were convicted of violent crimes. And the level of crime that is considered a felony in some places is incredibly low. In some places possession of hemp is a felony under certain circumstances. And the last I checked, marijuana is a naturally occurring plant. But that's a discussion for another time.

Felons SHOULD be able to exercise the same rights as all of us. The Constitution makes no differentiation. If they can't be trusted to exercise those rights, they shouldn't be out of their cage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123