Alcohol in Restaurants
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol in Restaurants

Alcohol in Restaurants

Just voicing my frustration again on SC NOT passing some sort of restaurant carry bill. More states than not allow you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And now the worst of all: Illinois's new concealed carry bill allows for carry in restaurants that sell alcohol. ILLINOIS!!!

I hope we start work on a STAND ALONE restaurant bill in January and not wait till April. I also wish I got six months vacation.

3. NE allows it ... sort of. One of the prohibited places is any establishment with a liquor license that "derives over one -half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor". But they don't have to post and don't really have to even tell you if you ask; they don't carry the burden. Those of us who carry just have to guess. I would rather just have it specified in the law, although my guess is that most will disagree with me on that point.

Carry in Virginia restaurants that have an ABC license is okay as long as you don't drink.

Unless 51% sign is posted you can carry in Texas.

This has always been one of my arguments too, How do you know if the establishment serves or not. I have been in a couple of places that you would not think about serving alcohol but they did.
    Took my grandson to the pirates adventure, walked about 1/2 mile, got inside was herded around to several different areas and viola, there goes a tray of beers being carried by the waitress.
    SO, I was already inside not able to return to the car and stow the weapon. I was forced to be in violation for the remainder of the show. This happens to many of us I am sure, It's already unlawful for us to carry and consume, what's the problem???

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Just voicing my frustration again on SC NOT passing some sort of restaurant carry bill. More states than not allow you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And now the worst of all: Illinois's new concealed carry bill allows for carry in restaurants that sell alcohol. ILLINOIS!!!

I hope we start work on a STAND ALONE restaurant bill in January and not wait till April. I also wish I got six months vacation.

S308 is still alive and will get attention in January. Why would we want to see a new bill introduced that would just end up in the same spot? H3053 is sitting in committee if one wants to start this little fiasco over again.

8. Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post

Well in their defense as to the vacation thing, that's not exactly true. Look up their salaries and you'll understand why most, if not all of them actually have a primary occupation and the political things is secondary. That would only apply to the federal government. Now those guys get a lot of time off...but when they're working, I won't necessarily say all are working hard, but they're at least busy 90% of the time.

i hate to ask but what committee is it sitting in right now

When we vacation in myrtle beach I find this no carry in restaurants absurd to say the least.

Hopefully you guys get it fixed before I return next summer ;)
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Of course no IL citizen will have a permit until late 2014.

NC just passed restaurants carry, effective 10/1/13.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast