FFL question

Thread: FFL question

FFL question

Does anyone know the requirements to obtain a FFL sales license for the GREAT state of S.C.
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

3. Federal

Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    Does anyone know the requirements to obtain a FFL sales license for the GREAT state of S.C.
    I thought that FFL stands for Federal Firearms License, and the requirements are the same in every state?

The ATF site includes local and state requirements too.
    There were additional South Carolina state requirements for the sale/transfer of handguns as a dealer but those were repealed (In case the ATF didn't update their books).

From SC Code of Laws
    ARTICLE 3. REGULATION OF PISTOLS [REPEALED]
    SECTIONS 23-31-110 to 23-31-200. Repealed by 2012 Act No. 285, Section 2, eff June 29, 2012.

Adding --

I've had my 01 FFL (dealer) for 4 years (before repeal) and still have my 03 FFL (C&R) for 8 years.

The only thing the states have to do with an FFL, is that you will have to know any state restrictions on firearm sales. Same as having a CC permit, there are different rules in each state.
    Chief

Not totally true...

You will need to get the local law enforcement signature which is on your FFL form.

ATF will investigate your property and interview you and the other members on your form.

At your mailing address, where the firearms are to be sent, they will do their site investigation.
    They will check to make sure you have the proper state, county, and city business license and zoning for that property.
    My 01 FFL was delayed until I got my zoning permit exemption for retail sales even though I was just doing transfers.
    The ATF agents considered it resale, so I had to get the zoning and SC DOR sales tax collection account before they would issue me my license.