What happens when the special ones carry guns in bars... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: What happens when the special ones carry guns in bars...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Mr. Canuck, have you been hanging out with the Brady Bunch and their anti-gun crowd? I viewed the news story and I fail to see where a gun had anything at all to do with it. Why are you trying to invent involvement of a gun when there apparently was no gun involved? Isn't that the same tactic that the anti-gun crowd uses?

    Now, it would certainly be interesting if the woman was allowed to legally possess a firearm there and shot the criminal attempting to illegally forcibly restrain her.
    No, I haven't... but thanks for asking. The cop went to his truck, retrieved his handcuffs, gun and badge... at least if the reporter on WISTV.com is correct. If not, I'll revise my blog posting.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Ok, I actually found a news report on this. Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier - FOX Carolina 21

    This deputy is disgusting. But if you read, when officers showed up, they took the girl out of handcuffs, put Derrick in handcuffs and arrested him and let her go. He's on unpaid leave.

    So, how is he one of "special ones"? He acted like a douche.... he broke the law... he got arrested.... he's on unpaid leave.


    Also, what's an "only one"... and what did this incidence have to do with "guns in bars"?


    EDIT: This deputy has since been fired.


    Have you heard the anti-gun argument that "only the police should be allowed to carry guns."? If not, I'm sure you will someday. I've heard it hundreds of times. That's how the ex-deputy is an "only one".

    This has to do with guns in bars because he had one (at least according to WISTV.com).

  4. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Have you heard the anti-gun argument that "only the police should be allowed to carry guns."? If not, I'm sure you will someday. I've heard it hundreds of times. That's how the ex-deputy is an "only one".

    This has to do with guns in bars because he had one (at least according to WISTV.com).
    I think if anything you're helping the other side's argument. Did I miss something in here where he shot someone under the influence? All I see is that an off duty cop got drunk and beat someone up. Any ******* could have done that. Has nothing to do with carrying in a bar.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    If you watch the news clip on WISTV.com, (link embedded in the middle of my blog posting), the reporter states at about 0:20 that **** head went "out to his truck in the parking lot, got his handcuffs, gun and badge". So, there's that.
    OK. I can't do streaming video out here at sea, so that is why I didn't see it on the news report. HOWEVER, there is no indication that the gun was used in any way, shape, or form. Yes, cops act stupid and commit criminal acts just like Joe Citizen. Should cops have special privileges regarding firearms possession that Joe Citizen does not? NO, they absolutely should not. But I think it is a mistake to turn something into a gun related issue when only a gun was MAYBE being carried at the time. It seems like it is acknowledging the anti-gun groups' claims that the mere possession of firearms must be regulated, that making it illegal to commit a crime using a firearm is not enough.

    The anti-s argument is that people are too irresponsible to carry firearms. By your argument you are saying they are correct, and that because LEO are irresponsible sometimes, they should not have special privileges either and should fall under the same regulation.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I think if anything you're helping the other side's argument. Did I miss something in here where he shot someone under the influence? All I see is that an off duty cop got drunk and beat someone up. Any ******* could have done that. Has nothing to do with carrying in a bar.
    Noted.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Noted.
    So does this thread have anything to do with restaurant carry?

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    144
    I believe he is also being investigated for 'illegally carrying a gun in a restaurant while consuming alcohol'. Something that's (I believe) unlawful in that state.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by shirtz1 View Post
    I believe he is also being investigated for 'illegally carrying a gun in a restaurant while consuming alcohol'. Something that's (I believe) unlawful in that state.
    It's actually not illegal to carry a gun in a restaurant while consuming alcohol, it's illegal to carry a gun into a restaurant that serves alcohol period.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Care to give any other citation than a blog that doesn't cite what you are trying to tell us?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    There is a link to WISTV.com right in the middle of the posting. Do you need more than that?
    I was the first response to your post that only gave a blog as citation. The link you refer to wasn't even up yet when I had asked the question. So your question is moot. But thanks for being ever so helpful.

    You do realize that I posted the first actual link to your post that wasn't a blog, right?

    Note Posts #2 and #4
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    It's actually not illegal to carry a gun in a restaurant while consuming alcohol, it's illegal to carry a gun into a restaurant that serves alcohol period.
    In Arizona one may carry in a place that serves alcohol if that person does not drink, if that person has a CCW and if the owner does not have a legal sign posted. In my view carry CCW in a bar and drinking is not safe and I would not do this if I still drank and if I were to go into a bar. Cafe or other food service places that serve booze may or may not post a sign. In the town I live one place has no guns allowed and I do not go there, the other says "Please, no open carry" as some say on here CC is CC and who would know. I would and would not feel good CCW with a posted sign. I do send the Second Amend Dollars to the ones that do not wish to have me or my dreaded gun.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast