What happens when the special ones carry guns in bars...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens when the special ones carry guns in bars...

Despicable behavior from one of the "only ones". --> Blog

Police say (ex) [Deputy Paul Allen] Derrick, who was not in uniform and was drinking alcohol, left the restaurant and returned with handcuffs he retrieved from his vehicle.

Derrick overpowered Ball, handcuffed her, pulled her to her feet, and slammed her head into a metal table, the report states. Ball, according to the report, was also drinking alcohol.

Care to give any other citation than a blog that doesn't cite what you are trying to tell us?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

What is the old saying? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. With authority comes responsibility. IF only the politicians understood that.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Ok, I actually found a news report on this. Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier - FOX Carolina 21

This deputy is disgusting. But if you read, when officers showed up, they took the girl out of handcuffs, put Derrick in handcuffs and arrested him and let her go. He's on unpaid leave.

So, how is he one of "special ones"? He acted like a douche.... he broke the law... he got arrested.... he's on unpaid leave.

Also, what's an "only one"... and what did this incidence have to do with "guns in bars"?

EDIT: This deputy has since been fired.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 10-16-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: fired
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Mr. Canuck, have you been hanging out with the Brady Bunch and their anti-gun crowd? I viewed the news story and I fail to see where a gun had anything at all to do with it. Why are you trying to invent involvement of a gun when there apparently was no gun involved? Isn't that the same tactic that the anti-gun crowd uses?

Now, it would certainly be interesting if the woman was allowed to legally possess a firearm there and shot the criminal attempting to illegally forcibly restrain her.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Derrick did go out to his vehicle to retrieve his badge, handcuffs and his gun. He returned to the restaurant with all three. That is how a gun became involved. He has also since been fired.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Derrick did go out to his vehicle to retrieve his badge, handcuffs and his gun. He returned to the restaurant with all three. That is how a gun became involved. He has also since been fired.
    And what is the source of information you have that said he retrieved his badge and gun? No mention of a gun retrieved, possessed or used by the scumbag anywhere here:
    Blog

Deputy fired after trying to arrest soldier at bar - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier - FOX Carolina 21

or here:
    http://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2013/...oldier-at-bar/

So what is the source of extra information that you are providing to us?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Care to provide citation for that information. The only news article that has been shared in this thread was in post #4 and no gun (nor badge) was mentioned in that article. The only thing they said Derrick got was his handcuffs.

Edit: Ok when I posted this I hadn't seen post #7 either.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 10-16-2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Care to give any other citation than a blog that doesn't cite what you are trying to tell us?

There is a link to WISTV.com right in the middle of the posting. Do you need more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And what is the source of information you have that said he retrieved his badge and gun? No mention of a gun retrieved, possessed or used by the scumbag anywhere here:
    Blog

Deputy fired after trying to arrest soldier at bar - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier - FOX Carolina 21

or here:
    Deputy Fired After Trying to Arrest Soldier at Bar ? South Carolina Gun Blog

So what is the source of extra information that you are providing to us?
    If you watch the news clip on WISTV.com, (link embedded in the middle of my blog posting), the reporter states at about 0:20 that **** head went "out to his truck in the parking lot, got his handcuffs, gun and badge". So, there's that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast