SC just added two
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC just added two

SC just added two

We just added Florida and Kentucky

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, and Wyoming.
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

It' a start. Now for VA and WV.

SECTION 23-31-215.

(I) SLED must maintain a list of all permit holders and the current status of each permit. Upon request, SLED must release the list of permit holders or verify an individual's permit status. SLED may charge a fee not to exceed its costs in releasing the information under this subsection.
    Doesn't this sound like a required verification system to you?

yes, but not a 24/7 if that was questioned... but even so, it should be available 24/7.

Yeah I would say so
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

All I can say is...It took them long enough! They just need to grow some nads and pass another law that honors all permits, res and non-res alike!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Do I understand it right S.C. will allow my florida ccw permit?

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Do I understand it right S.C. will allow my florida ccw permit?
    Yes Sir! You are legal in SC now!

http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

As a resident of SC, I am not allowed to carry in those states, correct? This is only for non-residents, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    As a resident of SC, I am not allowed to carry in those states, correct? This is only for non-residents, correct?
    I am not following you exactly. As a SC resident you CAN carry in those states with a SC CWP. If you hold a FL permit and are not a resident of FL then your FL pernit is not honored in SC. If you have a SC permit but are not a resident of SC then FL will not honor your SC permit.

Sorry for the vagueness... I was under the impression that SC CWP holders were not allowed to carry in other states, i.e. carry in SC only.

I realize that that new regs allow other state permit holders to carry in SC.

No problem, it can get confusing. There are several sites including this one where you can determine which states will honor your permit but check out the states carefully. They change and all sites are not always accurate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast