Tax-free guns part of House bill - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax-free guns part of House bill

The only real benefit of the Tax free holidays is if you buy a high ticket item. Where I live if I buy an average priced firearm around $700 I would save about $50. If I buy a $2500 firearm then I would save around $175. I'd save enough to buy a few goodies for them.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

those numbers make it worth it if you have a new or used gun at the local shop that you want... to wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving... but then it might be best to put the gun on layaway or hold of some sort.

Not to change the subject... but how many of us know that if you are a disabled veteran in S.C. you can get your CWP for free?

If you are 100% VA disabled then it's free. I get mine free. Plus free hunting and fishing license, 2 free permanent vehicle tags, no property tax on 2 vehicles and no property tax on one home and 1 acre of land.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The reason I know about it is my father is in the same boat...

I ended up paying for his CWP and training... long story but was easier. But his renewal is coming up in a year or so... he does the same with the tags and other stuff. You guys deserve it and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    If you are 100% VA disabled then it's free. I get mine free. Plus free hunting and fishing license, 2 free permanent vehicle tags, no property tax on 2 vehicles and no property tax on one home and 1 acre of land.

FWIW - I'm 10% VA compensable and my SC CCW was free.

Cheers,
    Richard
    My Kimber I show to my friends. My Glock I show to my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    FWIW - I'm 10% VA compensable and my SC CCW was free.

Cheers,
    Richard
    thanks for the info. I'll do some checking to see if they have changed it to any rating now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12