List Of South Carolina Gun Ranges - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List Of South Carolina Gun Ranges

Greetings from Camp Mike Spann, Afghanistan. I will be home in November and would like to take my family out to shoot. A buddy of mine in Bagram told me of a free public outdoor range near Jamestown off HWY 41. Does anyone know how to get there? I live in Ladson and know the Lowcountry fairly well so, just basic directions would be a big help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrapman View Post
    Greetings from Camp Mike Spann, Afghanistan. I will be home in November and would like to take my family out to shoot. A buddy of mine in Bagram told me of a free public outdoor range near Jamestown off HWY 41. Does anyone know how to get there? I live in Ladson and know the Lowcountry fairly well so, just basic directions would be a big help. Thanks.
    Mrapman - Welcome...

That would be Boggy Head gun range....http://www.usacarry.com/forums/south...un-ranges.html

[QUOTE=melloyello;72527]Outdoor shooting ranges - In Francis Marion National Forest:

USDA Forest Service - Comment Form

Boggy Head - From Moncks Corners head on Hwy 17A East to Hwy 402 make a right, 15 miles to 41 make a left, 9 miles to range on right...Also from Jamestown Hwy 17A West to Bethera Road (around Bonneau) make a left and drive till you hit the range.

Twin Pond - From Charleston take Hwy 17 North for about 25 miles to Steed Creek Road. Turn left, 2 miles to Willow Hall Road. Turn right for a one mile, range on left.

Indoor Gun Ranges -

ATP Gunshop & Range
    10 - 15 yard lanes
    7 - 25 yard lanes
    2 - 20 yard archery lanes
    1340 College Park Road
    Summerville SC, 29483
    Phone 843-873-2250

Went to Myrtle Beach Inside Shooting Range on 8/23/10, they only had two stations open. I waited over an hour for with my party of four and only to be confronted by the "Range Nazii". This guy was nuts, first wanted to check all ammo, then we were told that only one person was allowed per station. If the second person entered they could only instruct but could fire any rounds. Two of our party went into the range and the "Range Nazi" came in and said, "This is an allegator clip do you know how to use it?" No, but if I can't figure out how to use an allegator clip, you're still going to let me shoot a firearm? His relpy was sure. Needless to say we all picked up our gear and left. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up!

hey can someone tell me where i can go shoot my 22lr rifle. i have ptsd and its getting the best of me, and the only way i have fond to help me with that is to put rounds down range. i would do it in my back yard but one its not big enfut and two im in city limets. i live in goose creek and i need to find a rang close by there well let me use my out ammo and gun. all i need is a range and the eye and ear protraction. money it tit so the cheep and closer the better. would rather it be 100yd + but any thing is good at this point

While not in sc this place is close enough-off i20 just two exits over the river off washington rd. Behind mercedesbenz of Augusta

Shooters
    1025 patriots way
    Augusta ga 30907
    706-860-7778
    Shootersaugusta.com

Indoor range gunshop billiard store and pool hall open 7 days mon-sat 10-9 sun 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by shinta View Post
    hey can someone tell me where i can go shoot my 22lr rifle. i have ptsd and its getting the best of me, and the only way i have fond to help me with that is to put rounds down range. i would do it in my back yard but one its not big enfut and two im in city limets. i live in goose creek and i need to find a rang close by there well let me use my out ammo and gun. all i need is a range and the eye and ear protraction. money it tit so the cheep and closer the better. would rather it be 100yd + but any thing is good at this point
    In addition to being the correct use of the writen English language, capitalizing the first letter of the first word of every sentence would make your post alot easier to read. You might also download the spell-check app. and use it.

Don't let them bust your spirit. Try ATP Gun Shop and Range in Goose Creek. They're at the end of College Park Road across from the Skating Rink.

I would recommend using spell check. I'm not the best in English but my spell check makes it a lot better!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

There is a free outdoor public range in Francis Marion Forest near Jamestown off HWY 41. The exact directions were posted by melloyello 08/02/2010. have fun.

well i see i well get no help here, it should not matter how one spells. did you ever think that i might be learning disabled and spelling is one of them things i never picked up fully? if you would pull the stick out you butt and be a friend and a grammar cop then i might stay around but seen as im getting **** on this thread and the question i ask on a new one someone is trying to flag me b/c what someone said a myyearbook , witch i dont have or even know wtf it is. i see im not welcomed here
    It's more likely you are getting a bit of a cold shoulder due to the content of your post. The grammar discussion may just a be a way to politely ignore the elephant in the room. The BIG deal for me is that you say:

1. You are suffering from PTSD
    2. It is getting the best oif you
    3. The ONLY way you can find relief is "putting rounds downrange"

Naturally the thought of having someone who is having mental/emotional issues next to you with a deadly weapon may cause pause among the other responsible shooters on this website.

Having said that, at least you have been open about your condition (although that is not the kind of thing I recommend you post on the internet). You will still find help here. Just be a little patient. Get to know the folks here, and let them get to know you. Ask politely, and ask a second time (politely) if necessary. Everyone is welcome as long as they follow Wheaton's Law.

Lightbulb Friendly Neighborhood Grammar Cop at your service

well i see i well get no help here, it should not matter how one spells. did you ever think that i might be learning disabled and spelling is one of them things i never picked up fully? if you would pull the stick out you butt and be a friend and a grammar cop then i might stay around but seen as im getting **** on this thread and the question i ask on a new one someone is trying to flag me b/c what someone said a myyearbook , witch i dont have or even know wtf it is. i see im not welcomed here
    OK, since you are requesting me to be your friend and grammar cop, I'll give it a go. The first person singular pronoun "I" is considered a proper pronoun and is thus always capitalized. It is used as a substitute for when using your proper name would be cumbersome or inapropriate. Incidently proper names should always begin with a capital letter, G50AE begins with a capital "G". Don't ever denigrate my screen name by spelling it in lower case letters.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast