507C Windslow Ave
    Gaffney, SC 29341
    864-902-9598

Been around a while, but never had a chance to stop in:
    707 Gun Shop
    Highway 707
    Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
    843-650-7458

Was really impressed with this shop. Good prices on firearms, good selection, holsters, AMMO, etc. And they had good prices on ordering stuff. Only open during the week and hours are until 6pm except friday I think they're open until 7pm.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Tour of SC Gun Shops & Ranges

This week I visited Shooters Choice, Lawsons, Gradys, Allens, and ATP. Traders was closed by the time I got there. ATP is not mentioned in this thread so I wanted to add it to the list. Its in Summerville SC not far off I26.
    ATP Gunshop & Range

After visting them all and with some hands on time, I bought another 9mm pistol and ammo. I found all to be staffed with helpful people with the friendliest being ATP and Lawsons, but that may just be who I got to help me.

I shot the ranges at Shooters, Allens, and ATP. Each have their owns rules and allowances. I thought ATP had the best range. Allens makes you read a few pages of rules then gives you an oral test - if you pass its good for 3 months without retaking - they were the most particular about who they let shoot. Oh well their staff were easy to deal with and they had 15% off on all their ammo - a sign the shortage is ending! ( I hope). Generally everyone had a good selection of ammo in 9mm at least.

For the largest selection of handguns and rifles go to ATP. A close second is Shooters Choice in Cola. For the gun I bought the range was about $100 from high to low, with Lawsons being lowest (but out of stock - small inventory on hand) and ATP was the highest for this model, but for some other models they were a little cheaper then S Choice and Gradys . Allens and Shooters Choice were about the middle ground.

In the future, I'll go back to Shooters Choice and ATP, and I'll try to check out Traders next time I'm in the neighborhood. Also, I'm told by the owner that a new Gun Shop and range is being planned for Aiken. I believe it will be called Carolina Bay Shooting Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-i View Post
    In the future, I'll go back to Shooters Choice and ATP, and I'll try to check out Traders next time I'm in the neighborhood. Also, I'm told by the owner that a new Gun Shop and range is being planned for Aiken. I believe it will be called Carolina Bay Shooting Center.
    By the owner of which shop? Been to Shooters choice and was pretty happy with their selection and freindliness. Did not use the range when I was there. A shooters choice in Aiken would be great...have some family thats closer to it then to Lexington.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Carolina Bay Shooting Center is proposed to be built in Aiken and its owner is J. Legg. He has his FFL and has starting selling ammo and cleaning supplies from his other business/store thats already on the property. He's about half way between Aiken and New Ellenton. I did not get a date for when construction would begin.

7. Tony's Gun and Police Supply
    4308 Broad St
    Sumter, SC 29154-1633
    (803) 494-4867

Tony's Guns - Home

(Right across from Shaw AFB on Hwy 76/378 AKA Broad St.)

Good selection and the owner is retired SCHP

East Coast Guns (Located inside of East Coast PowerSports)
    1725 north main street
    summerville, sc 29486

Talk to Chuck or Jay, they will do their damnest to beat any tricounty price

843-832-2453
    843-277-9893

[email protected]
    http://ecpowersports.com

m-f 9-7
    sat 10-5

9. here's another gun shop close to me:

leonard's
    55 new orleans road
    hilton head island,south carolina 29928
    843-341-2639

he's also my barber. good guy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by SFerg View Post
    Can anyone recommend any shops around the Charleston area?
    ATP is close by. The address is in this thread. I've stopped by there before - seemed like a good shop.

The gun rack
    213 richland ave west
    Aiken sc 29801
    803-648-7100
    This is a pretty nice shop lots of used rifles shotguns and some cool older stuff,large selection of handguns holsters and accessories. It's changed ownership in the last few years and the new people are as nice as can be and don't worry about price tags they are always willing to deal. While your at it stop across the street at city billiards for a darn good cheeseburger and cold beverage of your choosing .
    Last edited by homershoots; 09-02-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Forgot phone#

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast