What did you buy during the 2A Tax holiday?

Thread: What did you buy during the 2A Tax holiday?

What did you buy during the 2A Tax holiday?

Lets hear about some of those great buys last weekend. I picked up a M1A, Marlin 336 in 35 Rem, Tristar Cobra Tactical 12 ga pump, Henry 22 lever action, Rossi 38 revolver and a Marlin Glenfield 22 rifle. The Rossi and Glenfield were parts guns but I repaired them yesterday and they work fine.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I got a Springfield XD 45 Compact
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

I tried to talk my old man (father) into going and looking for that M1-Garand he wants so bad.. Pointed out he could still probably find a top of the line one and spend about 1500 and save himself over a hundred....but he didn't bite. So, we cleaned out his shop instead. I had $800 in cash in my pocket, so it's probably a good thing we didn't go and look.

5. Re:Sales tax holiday

Bought Millennium PT111 from Academy in Spartanburg for $229.

6. I picked up a p3at from ATP in Summerville.

I sold a taurus Judge 45/410, Taurus pt140 40 SW, taurus pt1911 45ACP, Charterarms 44, Pth91 308 Nato, PA-63 9X18, Ruger SR9 40sw, AR15 and a ruger Mini 14. I sold 5 cases of ammo.
    Things are going great in my little shop. But like all good things it will come to an end 01/20/09

Convinced my father in law to go to Summerville for the show so I could look for a pistol. He ended up buying a Ruger Air Force pistol and I walked away with a phone number for a good price on a PT1911.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I tried to talk my old man (father) into going and looking for that M1-Garand he wants so bad.. Pointed out he could still probably find a top of the line one and spend about 1500 and save himself over a hundred....but he didn't bite. So, we cleaned out his shop instead. I had $800 in cash in my pocket, so it's probably a good thing we didn't go and look.

If you're still looking, Shooter's Choice in West Columbia has a M1A Match on the rack for a little over 2200.00 with stainless barrel.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
    Theodore Roosevelt