Need advice traveling to South Carolina - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice traveling to South Carolina

Also, keep in mind it is legal to carry the handgun concealed to or from your vehicle to your 'residence' this includes a hotel or other place you are staying while here and of course it is legal to have and carry that same gun in that 'residence.' Now, if you are staying with friends you do have to have their permission to have the gun in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Also, keep in mind it is legal to carry the handgun concealed to or from your vehicle to your 'residence' this includes a hotel or other place you are staying while here and of course it is legal to have and carry that same gun in that 'residence.' Now, if you are staying with friends you do have to have their permission to have the gun in their house.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that, much like the requirement to notify LEO, only apply to those with permits? Is there any requirement in SC law for those without permits to get permission from someone residing in a home that they're about to enter?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that, much like the requirement to notify LEO, only apply to those with permits? Is there any requirement in SC law for those without permits to get permission from someone residing in a home that they're about to enter?
    Yes. You are allowed to carry a gun on private property or in a home etc. with or without a permit as long as you have permission from the owner. Also you may carry in those locations openly or concealed. Actually SC is very liberal with handgun laws on private property and very much protective of property rights. It is when you step out into the public that they get strict.

South Carolina Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal...state-laws.php

U.S. State Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Laws
    Carry Concealed

Welcome to Pack-N-Go

Your Concealed Carry CCW Trip Planner

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner

SOUTH CAROLINA VEHICLE CARRY LAW

Can I carry a gun in the glove box of a car
    SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions. (9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12