Is it legal?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Is it legal??

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    When nobodies looking I peel them off!!!
    I hope you're kidding. We don't need any antis thinking that thi si something that all gun owners do.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    22
    That's right!! The story about this is that the guy who robbed the bank, got away in his van. Someone was behind him when opened the bag & the dye pack went off. The guy sitting in traffic behind the van saw this and called 911. He started following the van...the robber realized he was being followed, got out & shot the guy in the car behind him. Caught an artery in the neck. I have spoken with many people at the bank since they all know me from several years of business & the guy is still in ICU and supposed to make it from what they tell me.

    What if this guy was just minding his own business heading home? Going to the store, going to Wal Mart not even following this robber but the robber THINKS he is being followed?? If this does not make the case for people to carry full time, I don't know what does.

  4. #13
    Are you sure that it's 8"x12" exactly... would kind of be hard to tell with a see through label like that...

    also, they have to have the correct sign on every door/entrance to the location... as I mentioned in another post... Grangers here in Greenville has what looks to me like a correct sign beside their front door... I walked around back to the loading dock and the employees entrance... no sign... as I understand the law, it means the sign on the front is not legal regardless of whether it is printed and posted in the right place or not.

    I guess from the banks stand point what the sign means is an armed robber should reveal his gun before he comes into the bank... that's the only logical conclusion I can come up for posting the sign.

    but then my logic and banks seldom match.....

  5. Who cares if the sign is legal? Concealed is concealed. Unless they know you're carrying whats the problem?

    Now if you want to try therm on this I bet you'll have a problem whether the sign is legal or not. They'll say you knew the intent of the sign.

    In my CWP class we were told to obey the sign even if it wasnt legal. You're best bet is to not do business with such businesses.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Who cares if the sign is legal? Concealed is concealed. Unless they know you're carrying whats the problem?

    Now if you want to try therm on this I bet you'll have a problem whether the sign is legal or not. They'll say you knew the intent of the sign.

    In my CWP class we were told to obey the sign even if it wasnt legal. You're best bet is to not do business with such businesses.

    Do you seriously think that these businesses with the "illegal" signs would push the issue to charge you with a crime if your CC firearm is instrumental in ending a bad situation on their property?

    I suggest that you study your local laws and get your legal advice from "competent legal counsel" who are familiar with the laws in the places you will be carrying. I strongly recommend against taking any "legal advice" from a LEO. Unless the said LEO is also an attorney, you may get "bad" advice.

    Know the law and stay safe.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Do you seriously think that these businesses with the "illegal" signs would push the issue to charge you with a crime if your CC firearm is instrumental in ending a bad situation on their property?

    I suggest that you study your local laws and get your legal advice from "competent legal counsel" who are familiar with the laws in the places you will be carrying. I strongly recommend against taking any "legal advice" from a LEO. Unless the said LEO is also an attorney, you may get "bad" advice.

    Know the law and stay safe.

    gf
    Did you miss my point? I think you did. And, since you did Ill detail it. If the sign is not the legal sign, Im going in. Im not going to have a problem because concealed is concealed. Now, if someone sees my gun and calls the law Im sure there will be a problem. No, Im not going to jail and if I do Im gonna have a nice case for my lawyer. You'll notice I said that we were told that in our CWP class to obey the sign anyway. I did not say that I subscribed to that notion. Do I think the business would push the issue if I stopped a crime in their store? Probably not. Again, concealed is concealed. If they see the gun and they dont know their sign is illegal you still ay have to deal with the "MWAG" deal. Thats no fun now is it? I still say its best to let them know that because of their sign, you wont be doing business with them. I would not recommend you tell them the sign is illegal.

    Um yeah, I have studied the local laws.

    Thanks for the welcome to the forum. :-)
    Last edited by AllAmerican; 12-17-2008 at 07:21 PM.

  8. #17
    Here's the real (my) answer to any sign...legal or not if caught.....

    "I'm terribly sorry, I did not see it, I will leave imediatly, BY"

    Don't debate, argue or anything else.... if they want to discuss it with me they will have to while following me out the door.....

    If they are calling the law then tell them you'll wait for them outside by your car since they don't want you inside and It would be trespassing for you to stay there. If the law is called I would not leave from the parking lot... in fact you might want to call the dispatcher (sheriff or city police) and let them know where you are and what you look like.....

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Here's the real (my) answer to any sign...legal or not if caught.....

    "I'm terribly sorry, I did not see it, I will leave imediatly, BY"

    Don't debate, argue or anything else.... if they want to discuss it with me they will have to while following me out the door.....

    If they are calling the law then tell them you'll wait for them outside by your car since they don't want you inside and It would be trespassing for you to stay there. If the law is called I would not leave from the parking lot... in fact you might want to call the dispatcher (sheriff or city police) and let them know where you are and what you look like.....

    Good answer. Calling local LE youself is a good idea as well.


    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. #19
    No telling what Barney Fife would do when he's called to a "man with a gun in my store"...

  11. #20
    You're right, this is NOT the official sign designated by SC Code SECTION 23-31-235. My bank has a similar sign, but it is all white and clearly not the required sign. I carry concealed in my bank in SC, but I would never try to stop a bank robber unless he was committing armed robbery and clearly endangering the lives of innocent people. In fact it is really best to let them steal the money and leave (as long as they hurt no one). Bank robberies are best left to the FBI to solve after the fact. Over the years they have mastered an exact science to apprehending bank robbers. So, in short, unless legally restricted from doing so, you can carry in a bank. Just remember to be responsible for your own actions and know when and when not to intervene.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast