Help with this scenario, please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Help with this scenario, please.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    I understand that it would just be easiest to not drink a drop, but here I'll be at a large family gathering, having a good time, grilling, enjoying the beach & the company.......I'll want to enjoy a few beers. I'll not get the least bit drunk, as it takes about a case of beer to do that to me. I just want to do what I normally do, then when some of us go out for seafood, be able to carry my pistol as I always do....especially given it's black bike week.
    Well, that's exactly what I would do. However, just remember "drunk" is not defined by how you feel, it is defined by your BAC. We don't have a "no drinking while carrying" law in Washington and I won't hesitate to have a beer or two with dinner while carrying. We even have open carry get togethers here and we enjoy frosty beverages during those events. Never been a problem here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    Sorry to be a ****. but what was the point of the "help please" if the result is just that you're going to do what you wanted to do in the first place, without regard to either "side" of the ideas presented?
    That just seems odd to me.
    Seems to me that the OP was soliciting factual information that would indicate a real problem. He didn't get any factual information to dissuade him so he is going with his initial feelings/plans on the matter. If he had factual information presented to indicate a problem I am sure that he would change his plans.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The first state to secede!!!!
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    Sorry to be a ****. but what was the point of the "help please" if the result is just that you're going to do what you wanted to do in the first place, without regard to either "side" of the ideas presented?
    That just seems odd to me.
    I think you might be perceiving me wrong. I just want facts, interpretations, & opinions & all are welcome & appreciated.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The first state to secede!!!!
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post


    Seems to me that the OP was soliciting factual information that would indicate a real problem. He didn't get any factual information to dissuade him so he is going with his initial feelings/plans on the matter. If he had factual information presented to indicate a problem I am sure that he would change his plans.
    Bingo!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    I understand that it would just be easiest to not drink a drop, but here I'll be at a large family gathering, having a good time, grilling, enjoying the beach & the company.......I'll want to enjoy a few beers. I'll not get the least bit drunk, as it takes about a case of beer to do that to me. I just want to do what I normally do, then when some of us go out for seafood, be able to carry my pistol as I always do....especially given it's black bike week.
    I quit drinking 30+ years ago so I don't see the appeal but given the information we have I don't see that you have any option than don't drink or don't carry
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Robgmn View Post
    There's a heckuva lot to offer.
    Victim blaming is a very easy go-to when a vulture wants to show how innocent their defendant is. They will use ANYTHING they can.


    (Too long to copy and paste): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz
    As Steubenville Rape Trial Opens, Victim-Blaming Begins in Court of Law and Public Opinion - Rewire
    Defense Attorney Blames Child Victim for Being Gang Raped - Truthdig

    Here is the Texas penal code on self-defense (other states have similar statutes): Texas Penal Code - PENAL 9.31 | FindLaw
    Now, give that to the opposing attorney along with the proof that you had alcohol in your system at the time of the justified shooting.
    Guess what they will use in the defense of their "innocent" client? The fact that you were "impaired" and unable to make good judgement in the heat of the moment due to the alcohol in your system (or anything else, for that matter).
    You've now killed someone unnecessarily (he was a "good boy" who "never hurt anyone", and was only holding the Bowie knife in order to cut an apple he was going to share with you) and are criminally negligent per the vulture (who will try to convince the jury of the same).

    In Alabama: "making a mistake in judgment due to intoxication and illegally threatening or shooting a person while under the influence could be charged from a range of misdemeanors including harassment and simple assault to felonies such as criminally negligent homicide and murder if the victim succumbed to injuries from an illegal use of force"

    In Michigan, "any amount of detectable alcohol via a breathalyzer, urinalysis, or blood sample will result in civil forfeiture of that pistol, a misdemeanor offense, and revocation of that CCW permit for a year. A concealed carry permit can be permanently revoked if a concealed carrier has a BAC of over .10."

    But, if you don't believe the vultures would use alcohol in your system in a legal argument against, then by all means test the theory.
    You may find yourself wishing you believed.

    OK case law would be actual evidence that in an otherwise justified shooting the shooter was prosecuted because s/he had any level of alcohol in their blood
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    The simplest solution is to forgo the alcohol
    Ditto.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    You seem to be anxious about Black Bike Week happening in Myrtle Beach while you're there. If that's really a concern to you, it would seem even more important that you stay sober for maximum situational awareness and reaction capability.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    You seem to be anxious about Black Bike Week happening in Myrtle Beach while you're there. If that's really a concern to you, it would seem even more important that you stay sober for maximum situational awareness and reaction capability.
    I didn't quite want to go there but that almost falls under the heading of "Daniel-san best block no be there".

    I'm a big believer in mitigating every risk I can and if not drinking alcohol solves most of my problems then don't drink alcohol.

    Again, I don't drink but I can't imagine alcohol adding that much to the experience that I just have to have it.

    Now if it was weed.....

  10. I'm still trying to figure out what color of bike people ride has anything to do with it? Or is it like the evil black "assault" rifles that we here so much about? Can't people riding orange, red, green, blue or white bikes be just as dangerous as those riding black bikes?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The first state to secede!!!!
    Posts
    325
    Too much to post here with regards to black bike week. Kinda surprised no one has heard of all the shenanigans. Just google it. Pretty much the biggest lawlessness charade in the lower 48 every single year. Gotten so bad that the governor has stepped in & all but demanded the event stop happening. It's bad.

    We're gonna be at Surfside Beach, which is south of Myrtle Beach where the event happens, but spillage happens, I'm sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast