Concealed Carry a Rifle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry a Rifle

1. Concealed Carry a Rifle

Other than the typical response of "well of course you cannot concealed carry a rifle", I am curious as to what law you would be breaking if you did.

From what I can tell, all laws regarding conceal carry specifically state handguns, not rifles or long guns.

Unlawful carry of handgun doesn't apply. Because a rifle is not a handgun.

Carrying a concealed weapon charge specifically excludes shotguns and rifles in subsection C.

As far as I can tell you wouldn't even need a concealed weapons permit because those are also only required for carrying a handgun...

Anyone know what law you could possibly be breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by caseyray1 View Post
    Other than the typical response of "well of course you cannot concealed carry a rifle", I am curious as to what law you would be breaking if you did.

From what I can tell, all laws regarding conceal carry specifically state handguns, not rifles or long guns.

Carrying a concealed weapon charge specifically excludes shotguns and rifles in subsection C.

As far as I can tell you wouldn't even need a concealed weapons permit because those are also only required for carrying a handgun...

As always, it all depends on your State or your Nation.

In the USA they (the SCOTUS) defer to the States.

My state does not allow concealed carry of long guns.

Long guns in my state must be encased and thus visible.

Ask SLED:

[email protected]

5. Title 23
    SECTION 23-31-210.

"(5) "Concealable weapon" means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension "

Trollin' trollin, trollin. His finger tips are swollen. Gotta keep them posts a rollin'
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Trollin' trollin, trollin. His finger tips are swollen. Gotta keep them posts a rollin'
    Whom are you b!tching about now ??

The O/P ??

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Now that brings back memories...... A blast from the past!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

+1 for Boxxy!

Quote Originally Posted by caseyray1 View Post

In the state of South Carolina you would be breaking no law. Open carry of a long gun, or concealed carry if you could figure out how to do it, is entirely legal. Those of us who live in far less populated areas do it all the time with no problem. That being said, in less rural/more populated areas you could probably expect at a minimum to be harassed by your uneducated local LEO and at worst be caged on some trumped up charge. I understand that "going to the terror of the public" is/was popular. I suppose they may be "in fear for their life" and shoot you as well giving them reason to shoot you.

Now, before any of the local know-it-alls tell me I'm wrong, I'm willing to engage in intelligent conversation. But any responses had better start with a citation of whatever SC laws make it illegal to do so. Carry on.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast