H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee

1. Quote Originally Posted by 340mopar View Post
    Please.....
    Well, do you get the forum sent to you from them via email?
    Check it out...

How to get a CWP for GA residents was a topic this week,
    Death Threats to Roberts daughter and how to get the phone companies records.

Jeepers man...

FN1910 has it right. If it doesnt fit in with the GR view, which I stand by my statement elsewhere that they are geared towards the CWP crowd, then its a compromise.

Im still waiting on that alternative language from them...
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

3. Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I am not a lawyer nor did I attend law school like Mr. Butler but I have had a lot of experience with the legal system while working as an investigative engineer for the company's legal department. I do not claim to fully understand Mr. Butler's claims but some seem absolutely wrong. I have been following his campaigns for quite some time and have great respect for his beliefs but sometimes he does appear to have alterior motives for his interpretations.

Mr. Butler is to be commended on his no compromise attitude but I cannot see this as a compromise bill. I can find no "loophole" or exclusion in any of the sections of the present law he has referenced that allows a business owner or employee to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol as he has indicated.

I have discusssed this bill with my local representative and he has said that the chances of its passage are slim to none. Wiithout major change this bill has little chance of making it out of the house committee and none on the senate side. By his rejection of this bill Mr. Butler has place a major hurdle against it so it will probably die in committee.
    Great post!

4. Bottom line: As currently drafted, H. 3003 is truly a compromise bill in that gun owners give up something (i.e., vehicle carry for CWP holders; concealed carry for business owners, employees, and managers; and any kind of carry for business owners and managers of businesses that serve alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption) in order to get something (i.e., open carry). Why must gun owners give away existing privileges in order to gain other privileges?
    That doesn't sound like a favorable trade to me. To lose a practical right like concealed carry, in exchange to get open carry, something a private citizen would not do very often, would be bad for the crime rate. Violent criminals can spot armed citizens in the same way they can spot police officers. They cannot spot armed citizens who are carrying concealed.

I would scrap this bill and start over. It sounds like a smokescreen for a gun grab.

it's as well, these guys create the problems and then run a campaign to get reelected by lobbing to fix the problem they created you have got to have some respect for that,they screw you so bad and peaple ask for seconds ( reson obeys itself, Ignorance submits to what ever is dictated.)
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Well, do you get the forum sent to you from them via email?
    Check it out...

How to get a CWP for GA residents was a topic this week,
    Death Threats to Roberts daughter and how to get the phone companies records.

Jeepers man...

FN1910 has it right. If it doesnt fit in with the GR view, which I stand by my statement elsewhere that they are geared towards the CWP crowd, then its a compromise.

Im still waiting on that alternative language from them...
    O I did, I had to set it to check online only.

I could only stand so much bickering and whining... the standards for conversations are nothing like this and other sim sites... I understand your pain.
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

7. Quote Originally Posted by 340mopar View Post
    O I did, I had to set it to check online only.

I could only stand so much bickering and whining... the standards for conversations are nothing like this and other sim sites... I understand your pain.
    Yes, some of those guys have no idea how to talk to folks online...

I feel like they see the worst in everything you type. Even if you meant it for good.

Oh well... if you're the only game in town....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12