5 Firearm Bills in South Carolina Senate (as of April 2017)

View Poll Results: What is your position? (Mark ALL that apply)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • WILL contact SC Senator ASAP

0 0%
  • WILL NOT contact SC Senator

1 100.00%
  • Support H3930

1 100.00%
  • Oppose H3930

0 0%
  • Support S449

1 100.00%
  • Oppose S449

0 0%
  • Support H3924

0 0%
  • Oppose H3924

0 0%
  • Support S516

0 0%
  • Oppose S516

1 100.00%
  • Support S159

0 0%
  • Oppose S159

1 100.00%
  • Support Constitutional Carry

1 100.00%
  • Oppose Constitutional Carry

0 0%
  • Support Open Carry

1 100.00%
  • Oppose Open Carry

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Firearm Bills in South Carolina Senate (as of April 2017)

Exclamation 5 Firearm Bills in South Carolina Senate (as of April 2017)

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...bills-tomorrow

There are currently 3 bills in SC Senate Judiciary Committee (subcommittee) that require your immediate attention. Please see the link for more info and contact your senator. Time is of the essence.

The Bills are as follows:

SUPPORT
    H3924 - Protect those in financial hardship from relinquishing firearms (under $10k) to settle debt.
    S449 - Constitutional Carry / Open Carry
    H3930 - Constitutional Carry / Open Carry (has already passed House and is in Senate)

OPPOSE
    S159 - Extended waiting time from 3 days to 28 days if no response from FBI.
    S516- Extended waiting time from 3 days to 5 days if no response from FBI. (poorly worded and future ramifications could result from wording)

Kevin R. Stasik

3. So I read through H3930 and I'm having a hard time seeing where it is changing the law to allow constitutional concealed and open carry? Can you quite the specific section that says that?

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So I read through H3930 and I'm having a hard time seeing where it is changing the law to allow constitutional concealed and open carry? Can you quite the specific section that says that?
    H3930 looks absolutely horrendous to me. It adds a list of prohibitedi places longer that the Texas list of prohibited places!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    H3930 looks absolutely horrendous to me. It adds a list of prohibitedi places longer that the Texas list of prohibited places!
    I didn't look at it in detail but the list of places looked exactly the same as the list inside the CWP prohibited places we have now...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Are you referring to Section 16-23-510? It looks like the same list we currently have.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I didn't look at it in detail but the list of places looked exactly the same as the list inside the CWP prohibited places we have now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Are you referring to Section 16-23-510? It looks like the same list we currently have.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    Then maybe the list has always been longer than the TX list.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Then maybe the list has always been longer than the TX list.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. I support Open Carry, but except in a few instances, I wouldn't. Nothing screams, "I'm armed! Shoot me first!", like a pistol on your hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Coyote View Post
    I support Open Carry, but except in a few instances, I wouldn't. Nothing screams, "I'm armed! Shoot me first!", like a pistol on your hip.
    More likely to whisper, "Its not worth your life to mess with me, move on to the next target that isn't showing the capability to kill you." There is a huge difference in roberry and murder. The vast majority of criminals are not looking to kill a person to steal their wallet. They are looking to rob the easiest targets they can find.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

More likely to whisper, "Its not worth your life to mess with me, move on to the next target that isn't showing the capability to kill you." There is a huge difference in roberry and murder. The vast majority of criminals are not looking to kill a person to steal their wallet. They are looking to rob the easiest targets they can find.
    Criminals are often not rational people that weight the possible outcomes of an action like you or I would, they are merely desperate at a level that you or I can't really understand.

When their thoughts are solely focused on getting some money to purchase their next hit of drugs, they may just shoot the person with a gun instead of just threatening them with a gun for their money.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast