SC Sovereignty Resolution - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC Sovereignty Resolution

Bill adopted in the House and the Senate passed their version in subcommittee.

S C Lobby Man: SOVEREIGNTY BILL H.3509 PASSES SOUTH CAROLIAN HOUSE

SC Senate subcommittee passes State Sovereignty Resolution. South Carolina CofCC

A SC Senate subcommittee voted 4-1 today to send S. 424 to the full Judiciary committee. Glen McConnell, who is the chairman of the Judiciary committee expects it to pass.

Last week the SC House passed H. 3509. Col. Slimp, who spoke at a hearing on the senate resolution today said he expects the resolution to be passed by the full Senate within ten days.

The next step would be a joint session to decide which version to send to the Governor.
    I like the House version better!

Senate version: 2009-2010 Bill 424: United States Constitution - South Carolina Legislature Online
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Ironic that while they are passing this resolution they are raking Gov Sanford over the coals for doing exactly the thing that is in the resolution. I suppose that is having your cake and eating it too.

SC is one of the states I would consider moving to when the wife retires. Just moved it up on the list!
    FN 1910>> I do believe in "states rights" and you point out the conflict. Just have to say I'll take both options. I want my cake and eat it too!
    ok ok difficult paradox I understand but what the hey!
    Hope you don't mind of another transplant from up north if that's where we decide to go!
    Last edited by CapGun; 04-06-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add other thought

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    SC is one of the states I would consider moving to when the wife retires. Just moved it up on the list!
    FN 1910>> I do believe in "states rights" and you point out the conflict. Just have to say I'll take both options. I want my cake and eat it too!
    ok ok difficult paradox I understand but what the hey!
    Hope you don't mind of another transplant from up north if that's where we decide to go!
    Come on down. Actually I put the 10th amendment even with the second in importance to me. Obama and company have dangled a carrot in front of the states that is hard to resist especially alone and in such times as are these. As they say about the highways it is easy to be right, dead right. In order to stand our ground we must consider what the results will be. It is very easy to stand up for our rights and beliefs when the results don't affect us. It is easy to sacrifice ourselves for something but are we willing to sacrifice our children. It hits me that we are sacrificing our grandchildren for the sake of our children with this bail-out package. A very hard decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12