SC Sovereignty Resolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Sovereignty Resolution

SC Sovereignty Resolution

This is great. It's in Committee now. Read all of it here. 2009-2010 Bill 3509: Rights - South Carolina Legislature Online

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring:

That the General Assembly of South Carolina, based on the above principles and provisions, hereby declares by this resolution, that any act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States, or Judicial Order by the federal courts which assumes a power not delegated to the government of the United States of America by the Constitution and which serves to diminish the liberty of any of the several states or their citizens shall abridge the Constitution. The General Assembly further declares that acts which would cause such an abridgment include, but are not limited to:

(1) establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the states comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that state;

(2) requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law;

(3) requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of eighteen other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law;

(4) surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government;

(5) any act regarding religion, further limitations on freedom of political speech, or further limitations on freedom of the press; and

(6) further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

well done. Now every state should do something along this line. but then again, we shouldn't have had to do it in the first place
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...ntroduced.html

NRA-ILA :: National Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced

The way I see it is this bill by the SC Legislature is in direct conflict with the above linked thread. On one hand we want States Rights yet on the other we want the Feds telling the states what to do. For me I want the Feds out of it as much as possible.

5. I say that SC has just drawn a line in the sand for what is coming. we need to be prepaired as well.

God Bless South Carolina! Looks like I made a smart choice (for a change) by choosing it as my next Home State. "Liberty" . . . ain't that a wonderful name for a town!?!

PS: Just in time, too! Listen . . . http://www.worldviewradio.com/episod...pisodeID=10958
    Last edited by Ektarr; 03-08-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Addendum
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

This would be a perfect item for The States to stand up and do it on their own, without Fed involvment.
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

I like this. Really really like it. However, what recourse will the state take if the Fed's violate one of the resolutions? What recourse could they take?
    SW 686 in the front/Glock 23 in the rear. http://www.stewartlee.org

As an individual brought up to respect State's Rights and to love and defend one's country (meaning State, not a Federal Union) I think it's great. I think it brings our SC government closer to what it once was in the antebellum period. However, as a realist I am forced to agree with CUProf, what recourse can we take? Or perhaps the question should be, what recourse will the Fed take?

I have thanked Mike Pitts for sponsoring the bill and emailed Floyd Nickelson my Senator for support. Doubt it will change his mind but have let him know anyway.

nice... I'm moving to south carolina.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast